IGNORED

Ultra Audio Destroys Music

My own "audiophile journey" has taken some interesting twists and turns.  If I think of my current system, it is comfortably better than my previous system by pretty much every objective measure.  And don't get me wrong, I am very happy with my current system, it is giving me enormous pleasure.  There is a "but" though, in many ways that "old" system was easier to live with, I'd turn it on, listen to music, and never really think much about the system itself.  This is harder to do with my current set up.  Here is where my current position kind of aligns with the article linked above. 

From where I am now, I am not that interested in chasing more detail, or a more precise sound stage, or any of these "audiophile" aspects, it is more of a quest to preserve these things where they are now, it is more than good enough, and just make the system that little bit easier to live with.

Windows 11 PC, Roon, HQPlayer, Focus Fidelity convolutions, iFi Zen Stream, Paul Hynes SR4, Mutec REF10, Mutec MC3+USB, Devialet 1000Pro, KEF Blade.  Plus Pro-Ject Signature 12 TT for playing my 'legacy' vinyl collection. Desktop system; RME ADI-2 DAC fs, Meze Empyrean headphones.