IGNORED

Music server recommendation?

Hi Guys, I bought a server here on Computer audiophile. It comprises of The Ryzen 7 2700 in a Streacom FC10 case and a HD Plex power supply. I have installed Euphony OS on it and using Roon Core and HQ Player. Recently I got a Sonnet Morpheus DAC and whenever I set the sampling freq to 384 Khz on HQ Player settings, I am hearing severe crackling noise. I reached out to Sonnet and they said that my processor may not have enough power to process 384 Khz with HQ Player's algorithms. Any thoughts?

If I were to upgrade, do u think I can build on what I have (use the same fanless case) and replace with a better processor? Would that help? I was also interested in buying a better server like Phasure Stealth mach 3 or something like that. Any suggestions?

Iam intrigued by the idea of building my own music server (I can handle the software side of things) but not quite confident about building / attaching heat - sinks etc. Has anyone done this and have any suggestions? Here is my setup :

Hello @elan120 thanks for your help. Turns out its the DAC. I got another DAC and tried to use DSD and it works fine. I am able to do upto DSD 256 and here is the usage report of my server. Its okay to operate the server at this level right? the 25% you see on the screenshot below is DSD 128 and the 55% usage is DSD 256. If I do DSD 512, I am hearing dropouts and the CPU operating at 98% in the red.

TheScreenshot_20200803-103737_Euphony.thumb.jpg.d45394d68142cd8a4dbd28a0f4e87fff.jpgScreenshot_20200803-103448_Euphony.thumb.jpg.4c5500432a6a83a3025648043b4ca5f8.jpg