IGNORED

Looking for a headphone amp recommendation....

Headphone amp recommendation....

I want something between my iPad and a pair of headphones that need more power than what an iPad can put out.  The rated power now is “not enough power to push a pissants go cart around the inside of a cheerio”.

I really don’t want to invest a bunch of dough.  I just want to run a decent pair of headphones like an AKG240 or something like.

Im not striving for “audiophile” experience. 

Hope that is helpful for any recommendations. 

Can someone help please?

Thank you  in advance.  

My System TWO SPEAKERS AND A CHAIR

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi(Fi)

If you don't mind of my following your post?

I have the same question.  Can any of you suggest a pre-amp for v-moda m100 headphone? (kind of like ttps://www.schiit.com/products/vali-1 by the picture. I have no way to test it now.)

Also, do I need to get Schiit's DAC too?

Also, I happen to like a very little set of tube pre-amp (tubes 6J4, I think it's made in China) handling the output from my MacBOok pro and iPad (exchangeable) with my 33 years old bookshelf Bose speakers (with its own built in amplifier). I can't believe how good the sound comes out!  I can even tell the drummer and singer's position!  Is it because the Tube preamp suits the speakers or the speakers are good.  For a little room 12x12, that is a pure surprise to me.

A good song finds me even during my sleep.

Thank God for my aging ears. I now can filter out blah blah blah and tune in blue blue blue...