IGNORED

What High end speaker to choose?

Kirt

Question

HI,

I am planning a music room in a house under construction. I am set on using Mcintosh for all components but am trying to figure out what speakers to use. B&W Nautilus? I know this is old technology and the current wait time is 10 months.  Mcintosh XRT2.1K? Are they worth the money? Any other suggestions? We are building a very modern home so i wanted speakers that had somewhat of a dramatic presentation. The Nautilus looks awesome- The Mcintosh is this huge tower that carry's this huge presence. Should i be considering something else? I will mainly play digital and vinyl- I have already ordered the Mcintosh MT 10. 

Vivid G1 Spirit.

Speaker Room: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Pacific 2 | Viva Linea | Constellation Inspiration Stereo 1.0 | FinkTeam Kim | Revel subs  

Office Headphone System: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Golden Gate 3 | Viva Egoista | Abyss AB1266 Phi TC 

hello try and look up Legacy Audio in Springfield Illinois superb quality hand made and paired individually- price range ~1700$(the ones I have Studio HD monitors) to >50,000$ for towers plus in wall and ceiling models and an array for home theater setups

Some wonderful looking speakers have been suggested, many with high prices. How important is sound quality to you?

I'd suggest as a point of reference you listen to the larger models in the Harbeth range (SHL5-XD and 40.2-XD). Harbeth speakers are all transparent and natural sounding - you may be surprised if you compare the sound of these with that from some of those recommended above. OK they are ugly traditional boxes but they do disappear once you start listening!

ALAC iTunes library on Synology DS412+ running MinimServer with Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 tablet running BubbleUPnP for control >

Hi-Fi 1: Airport Extreme bridge > Netgear switch > TP-Link optical isolation > dCS Network Bridge AND PS Audio PerfectWave Transport > PS Audio DirectStream DAC with Bridge Mk.II > Primare A60 > Harbeth SHL5plus Anniversary Edition .

Hi-Fi 2: Sonore Rendu > Chord Hugo DAC/preamp > LFD integrated > Harbeth P3ESRs and > Sennheiser HD800

A few questions:

1. Sound preference? East Coast West Coast,British, etc.

2. Music styles?

3. Room and size of speaker wanted?

4. Aestheitics? SOAF (Significant Other Acceptance Factor)?

I would say look at Dynaudio Confidence line. Stunning looks and sound. I love them.

The Paradigm Persona line are amazing for the price and sound. Very nice looking speakers too (since the higher models have room correction built in - for the built in powered subs - the amps will not be as stressed).

Just some extra thoughts.

Current:  Daphile on an AMD A10-9500 with 16 GB RAM

DAC - TEAC UD-501 DAC 

Pre-amp - Rotel RC-1590

Amplification - Benchmark AHB2 amplifier

Speakers - Revel M126Be with 2 REL 7/ti subwoofers

Cables - Tara Labs RSC Reference and Blue Jean Cable Balanced Interconnects

maxresdefault.jpg

Paradigm Persona 9H......

confidence_60.jpg

Dynaudio Confidence Floorstander line up....

Current:  Daphile on an AMD A10-9500 with 16 GB RAM

DAC - TEAC UD-501 DAC 

Pre-amp - Rotel RC-1590

Amplification - Benchmark AHB2 amplifier

Speakers - Revel M126Be with 2 REL 7/ti subwoofers

Cables - Tara Labs RSC Reference and Blue Jean Cable Balanced Interconnects