IGNORED

What High end speaker to choose?

Kirt

Very excited to see how this develops!  All of the speakers above should produce wonderful sound.  If my only objective was sound, and I had no other constraints, I expect that I'd end up with a pair of Wilsons.  BUT--the Nautilus will produce magnificent sound and also be a real statement as sculpture.  Coincidentally, I was drooling over their looks the other day--absolutely timeless, and I do not say that lightly.  My son and his art critic girlfriend were also admiring.

To drive these beauties I'm thinking a pair of MC275s, or an MC2152, and a C70.  (I have the former driving B&W 805s beautifully, no experience with the latter, but really just going on looks here, haha)

6 minutes ago, Kirt said:

Thank you kindly to everyone that has given feedback so far.

I am leaning towards Sonus Faber Sonus Faber Aida2 - Any specific thoughts on this speaker? I know it will require less amplification Than the Macintosh XRT 2.1.  I have been told that 2 MC 901's will be sufficient.  Any thoughts?

Her is what's already ordered - 

MC901   x2

C1100T  Tube pre amp

C1100C Audio pre amp

D1100 Digital Pre amp 

MCT500  CD

MT 10 Reference turntable

Men220 - Room Correction System 

MS 500 music streamer

MPC1500 AC Power Controller

Cables - Redwood SWB BFA- SPADE

An impressive selection of gear, though a couple of things give me pause.  I am not sure why you'd order a D1100.  Since you already have a C1100, I'd get a killer non-Mc DAC instead.  I would not order a MEN220 right out of the gate--it will not necessarily improve your sound, it may make it less engaging on balance (it did with my system.  I'd get everything else first, live with the system for a few months, then consider the MEN220 after you understand your baseline.