IGNORED

Buying advice

Ok here goes. Came into a bit of cash and have 10K max to spend and want some advice.

This is my my current setup: Music source is PC with Quboz player. Speakers are AVI ADMRS9. Have Arcam rDAC to Littledot mkIII and sennheiser HD600 headphones. Unfortunately something is going wrong with the headphone setup as the static is approaching intolerable at low volumes. Not a headphone issue as working fine with piano.

Only two stores close to me, limited enough stock and understandably only recommend what they sell so was looking for some independant advice.

Requirements are basically the following: Source will remain purely PC based and Quboz. Spend about 40% of time listening on headphones so good setup required.

• Floorstander wireless speakers. Want to move speakers away from PC so want to move to wireless. Was looking at Dynaudio Focus 30 and dynuadio connect but open to all suggestions
  • Headphone amp/DAC and headphones. Again all suggestions welcome.

Its a lot of money to spend so want to ensure I spend it well. I am not expert in all the jargon but I spend a lot of time listenting to music so want to get the best bang for buck that will last 10+ years.

Appreciate any advice.

Thanks
Eos

You could save a lot of money and check the Schiit products.  Many very happy members here with a lot of threads on their stuff.  Designed and made by real people who have been in the industry along time.  Search for Schiit.  

You'd get awesome sound and have enough left over for a vacation, when we can travel again.  Good luck, it’s a fun position to be in!

Maybe a streamer in to KEF wireless speakers.?  Rather than "getting away" from a PC why not dump the PC? High Rez WiFi is a good way to go. I like the low cost BlueSound Node 2i streamer.   Or Streamer > (outboard or built in) DAC > Amp > Speakers (if you want wired speakers and amp)

In any dispute the intensity of feeling is inversely proportional to the value of the issues at stake ~ Sayre's Law

13 hours ago, ecc said:

Floorstander wireless speakers. Want to move speakers away from PC so want to move to wireless

KEF Wireless is god, but the B&W Formation Duo is better.
The Dynaudio Focus 30 will take all your 10K budget 😀 

13 hours ago, ecc said:

Ok here goes. Came into a bit of cash and have 10K max to spend and want some advice.

This is my my current setup: Music source is PC with Quboz player. Speakers are AVI ADMRS9. Have Arcam rDAC to Littledot mkIII and sennheiser HD600 headphones. Unfortunately something is going wrong with the headphone setup as the static is approaching intolerable at low volumes. Not a headphone issue as working fine with piano.

Only two stores close to me, limited enough stock and understandably only recommend what they sell so was looking for some independant advice.

Requirements are basically the following: Source will remain purely PC based and Quboz. Spend about 40% of time listening on headphones so good setup required.

• Floorstander wireless speakers. Want to move speakers away from PC so want to move to wireless. Was looking at Dynaudio Focus 30 and dynuadio connect but open to all suggestions
  • Headphone amp/DAC and headphones. Again all suggestions welcome.

Its a lot of money to spend so want to ensure I spend it well. I am not expert in all the jargon but I spend a lot of time listenting to music so want to get the best bang for buck that will last 10+ years.

Appreciate any advice.

Thanks
Eos

Unfortunately you don’t mention currency, but for £10K I’d almost certainly want REALLY KICK-ASS sound, so i would almost certainly go to the used market and specifically I’d look for some Kii Three active speakers and with the money I had left, I’d buy an Innuos server, a Broadcom based router and something like a used of new Sean Jacobs DC2 power supply for the router. 

With the above you’d have a highly musical system that ticks ALL the audiophile boxes and would leave you entirely satisfied.  The system would be simple (no spaghetti), easy to set-up and run, would fit into most rooms unobtrusively and would give you a great platform for any future expansions or upgrades. Customer support for the products is excellent