IGNORED

Fatigue free listening

12 minutes ago, Rexp said:

I've just stated I've demmed many hi-end digital sources and found them fatiguing and your response is to say no they are not? 

yeh, sorry i missed that. I guess it's true that some high end sources are not what they are cracked up to be.

Accepting you have high-end gear, decent recordings shouldn't be fatiguing on a decent playback system that is well configured. So what gear are you using?

Sound Minds Mind Sound

1 minute ago, Rexp said:

I'm starting from scratch again, what do you suggest I demo for as little money as possible? 

That's why I suggest start a thread dedicated to gear recommendations and budget rather than come at it from a fatigue perspective. The latter would need to be emphasized as a priority in that thread.

The first thing to ask is have you ever heard excellent sound quality that didn't sound fatiguing?

I would be listening to different components, preferably auditioning at home if possible. Schiit audio has been recommended in other threads

Sound Minds Mind Sound

8 minutes ago, Rexp said:

That is a good question, I've heard dsd playback that didn't sound fatiguing but didn't want to go down that route due to limited source material. Ideally a streaming option is my preference. 

There are others that know way more than I about dsd playback. There must be PCM gear that has 'dsd like' sound. They might upsample or whatever. Have you tried software upsampling?

Sound Minds Mind Sound