IGNORED

What am I doing wrong?

AR has many positive posts, and I believe it is exactly what its name implies, but l cannot get it to play a track.  My PC is a new build with Windows 10 Home, i3-8100 CPU, 32GB DDR4, 1TB M.2 PCIe NVMe for the boot drive.  My library is provided by MinimServer 2 on a Synology NAS.  My audio device is a Benchmark DAC1 USB, which uses the standard Windows USB 2.0 driver, it is configured for exclusive control with 24/96 playback and all enhancements disabled.  I played maany 16/44.1 and 24/96 files locally on the PC with no issues using both Media Monkey and Amazon Music.  My goal was to validate the digital and analog audio connections and audio path, not necessarily achieve bit-perfect playback.  Next, I installed AR v2.3 along with MSVCP x86 2015 Redistributable on my new Windows 10 machine.  The AR window comes up, and AR shows up as a renderer in BubbleUPnP on my Android tablet.  But when l select a track to play the track name appears in the AR window on the PC, the album artwork appears in the AR window on the PC.  But all that happens is BubbleUPnP displays the error message.  "Action failed (Code: 501)" which equates to "I can't do that" from the renderer.  So, there must be some communication between MinimServer and AR.  Having read on another thread that AR had a "back-door" drag-n-drop debug capability l tried to use it locally to get a response from AR, but even though the cursor icon showed a file drop onto the AR window was allowed absolutely nothing happened, the track name didn't even display.  This was an indication that the problem was isolated to AR.  So, as a test l installed TuneBrowser as a renderer, enabled open home, and Windows security wanted admin permission to open the network connection.   TuneBrowser played many tracks successfully with MinimServer on the NAS as the library.  I uninstalled TB, switched back to AR but its behavior was exactly the same as before.  

I am certain there is some AR set-up or other configuration that l am missing.   Does AR have a settings page, or is there a Windows/network configuration setting that I have not found?   Are there network ports to map, or permissions needed?   Is it a WASAPI issue?  I'm not ready to accept that it is this difficult to get AR working, I must be doing something wrong.  

Thanks to DuckToller and Solstice380 for helping me out.  I saw replies by valer_valer on this forum in another thread from as recently last year, l was hoping he was still around.  I also thought that Audiophile UPnP Renderer was more well known.  Still, it was bad form to use the abbreviation without defining it at least once, so my apologies for that.  I got a suggestion to look into the OpenHome renderer from over on

the MinimServer forum which I hope to do in the next day or so.  

Happy listening, 

-john