IGNORED

To what degree DR reflects SQ?

Without scientific approach, just anectdotical:
- Very often, when I look into music that allow tones the air to breathe, to swing and to resonate, that gives room to a deep, high and wide soundscape / soundstage, the DR is higher than DR8. Which to the contrary shouldn't say, everything having DR9 and upwards sounds good.
- It always depends on the artist, the producer, the studio (technology), the mix and the mastering and finally on the format.
- I'd describe the effect maybe this way:
 A higher DR seems to allow the production team to articulate the music more significantly in its steps to finalize the product than a lower DR. I can't say why, as I am the consumer, not the producer.

As an example: Radical Dance Faction's "Hope" from the "Wasteland" recording, showing DR15 in the JRIVER music analysis. (here's my description from 2018: Radical Dance Faction - Hope (1991) - RDF is masterminded by Chris Bowsher, a musician from Hungerford, whose articulation could have mentored the Sleaford Mods. Meanwhile, his taste in creating spacial soundscapes including accentuation for voices and instruments, just provides a completely different mindset (than the Sleaford Mods). This song talks about the indecision after terrorists attacks. With a speedy reggae rhythm basement that create the space for the pronounced, in my ears "jazzy" guitar riffs, a female voice contrasted by a male background singer, some meandering saxophone and hand percussion, the music leads the "long long road" to freedom from fear.) 

- If you compare it to Metallica's Death Magnetic (DR3), the difference in SQ is more than audible.

- FWIW, it always depends on a system that allow you to hear the difference and on your own personal capabilities and gusto.

- High DR usually demands a lot more from your music reproduction chain.