I’m looking for a basic streaming endpoint to receive streams from Audirvana being served up by my Mac Mini. 
Want something fairly inexpensive and should also be able to play Airplay. I’m fully in the Apple ecosystem. 

I was thinking about a raspberry pi with a hat. I already have a DAC. Then I came across the Audioengine B-Fi. It seems to check all the boxes, and would be simpler than the raspberry pi route. Does anyone have experience with this streamer?

How does it sound and work?

I have this device, and use it occasionally to send Bluetooth from my phone to my pre-amp, which does not have Bluetooth connectivity. I have used it with the optical out, which is a bit better than the analog out (Bricasti DAC vs Audioengine)

I currently have the DVD going to the optical, so the B-Fi is doing analog. I would say it’s a match for a raspberry PI hat though, without the DIY playing around. It is bulletproof so far to me.

[Home Digital] Bricasti M12 > DIY M2x Monoblocks > Daedalus Audio Muse Studio Speakers

[Home Analog] Technics SL-1200G > K&K Audio Phono Amp (Zu DL-103/Benz Glider-SL/Denon DL-301 II)

[Office] Laptop > Kitsune R2R lvl3 > Violectric V281 > Focal Utopia Headphones (balanced)

[beach/Travel] Laptop > DragonFly Red > Ether Headphones

Thanks, but I’m asking about the new B-Fi, which is a wifi endpoint, not bluetooth.  

Ag, sorry.

[Home Digital] Bricasti M12 > DIY M2x Monoblocks > Daedalus Audio Muse Studio Speakers

[Home Analog] Technics SL-1200G > K&K Audio Phono Amp (Zu DL-103/Benz Glider-SL/Denon DL-301 II)

[Office] Laptop > Kitsune R2R lvl3 > Violectric V281 > Focal Utopia Headphones (balanced)

[beach/Travel] Laptop > DragonFly Red > Ether Headphones

No problem, it is a bit confusing, since they added the new WiFi streamer.

I’m hoping someone can give some input on how well it works, in particular as an endpoint for Audirvana and how it sounds.