IGNORED

Sonore Forum

Hi Guys, the emails are starting to come in, so I’ll just post here to save answering all of them individually. 

Sonore is transitioning to its own forum. @vortecjr was kind enough to give me advanced notice. 

I encourage people to open Sonore discussions here on AS in the non-sponsored sections as they would for any other product on the market. The community here will discuss and support as usual, but official support will now be available on the Sonore forum. 

I have no hard feelings. The Sonore team is great and I respect its business decision. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

Thanks Chris,

Do you mind if I ask why?

Probably a question for Jesus but leaving the best audio community is intriguing to say the least. Some momentum may have drifted to WBF but this place is still THE place to be. In my ever humble opinion 🙂

Cheers,

Alan

Synergistic Research Powercell UEF SE > Sonore OpticalModule (LPS-1.2 & DXP-1A5DSC) > EtherRegen (SR4T & DXP-1A5DSC) > (Sablon 2020 LAN) Innuos PhoenixNet > Muon Streaming System > Grimm MU1 > (Sablon 2020 AES) > Mola Mola Tambaqui DAC > PS Audio M1200 monoblocks > Focal Sopra No2 speakers

Jesus sent out an announcement to people on the Sonore mailing list:

As you can imagine roaming several forums each day to support and chat with our customers is not very efficient. So we have been looking for a solution to this issue and our own forum fits the bill perfectly.

Makes sense to me from their point of view. One support forum to deal with instead of several. 

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

10 minutes ago, firedog said:

Jesus sent out an announcement to people on the Sonore mailing list:

Makes sense to me from their point of view. One support forum to deal with instead of several. 

Respectfully disagree.

Sonore have built a good business that is significantly improved due to participation in forums like CA/AS, WBF, Roon etc. And participation and understanding the 'Voice of the Customer' is invaluable to a small businesses like this.

My best guess is this is commercially driven. It's complete conjecture but at first glance either maintaining a sponsored forum on AS is now deemed too expensive or launching their own forum is deemed more likely to generate revenue. I'm speculating of course and may be wrong.

But either way, many Sonore product owners are probably feeling alarmed as they've lost a direct comms channel with the likes of Jesus and Barrows who have been brilliant on here. 

I respect Chris and Jesus and totally get they need to do what is right for their respective firms. But this is a sad day for the community here nonetheless.

@vortecjr & @barrows - thanks for everything. Best of luck with the new forum. But meantime we'd be remiss to not thank you for the outstanding service and comms here. Bravo dudes!

Cheers,

Alan

Synergistic Research Powercell UEF SE > Sonore OpticalModule (LPS-1.2 & DXP-1A5DSC) > EtherRegen (SR4T & DXP-1A5DSC) > (Sablon 2020 LAN) Innuos PhoenixNet > Muon Streaming System > Grimm MU1 > (Sablon 2020 AES) > Mola Mola Tambaqui DAC > PS Audio M1200 monoblocks > Focal Sopra No2 speakers

1 hour ago, BigAlMc said:

But either way, many Sonore product owners are probably feeling alarmed as they've lost a direct comms channel with the likes of Jesus and Barrows who have been brilliant on here

"Alarmed"? Why? They now have a dedicated forum at which they probably will get faster support than they did before, as it will be easier for Sonore to keep up with. I don't see any loss to Sonore owners here. 

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

I understand the move (to avoid overloaded scattered followup).

However it looks like some interesting threads not only closed but just disappeared. For example the "Rendu Support Thread" in which quite some interesting information was embedded appears to have disappeared.

That is a pity IMHO.

12 minutes ago, jma2 said:

I understand the move (to avoid overloaded scattered followup).

However it looks like some interesting threads not only closed but just disappeared. For example the "Rendu Support Thread" in which quite some interesting information was embedded appears to have disappeared.

That is a pity IMHO.

Here you go. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png