IGNORED

ASMedia USB controllers for upcoming ARM-based Macs

So it seems . It is interesting that potentially the ASM3142 USB 3.1 controller in the Motherboard or PCI Card may be what we need to mitigate the issues of this interface on sound....This is welcome  from a mac user...

Qnap NAS (LPS) >UA ETHER REGEN (BG7TBL Master Clock) > Grimm MU1 > Mola Mola Tambaqui /Meridian 808.3> Wavac EC300B >Tannoy Canterbury SE

HP Rig ++ >Woo WES/ > Stax SR-009, Audeze LCD2

I would love to hear some recommendation on external PCI card with ASM3142 USB 3.1 chipset, specially if there are ones that can be adapted to incorporate external LPS?

Qnap NAS (LPS) >UA ETHER REGEN (BG7TBL Master Clock) > Grimm MU1 > Mola Mola Tambaqui /Meridian 808.3> Wavac EC300B >Tannoy Canterbury SE

2 hours ago, zerung said:

I would love to hear some recommendation on external PCI card with ASM3142 USB 3.1 chipset, specially if there are ones that can be adapted to incorporate external LPS?

The JCAT USB XE can be powered externally.

Matt

"I want to know why the musicians are on stage, not where". (John Farlowe)

@matthias  I have their Femto. But not willing to pay the extra for the XE. This is primarily because I am also trying to get away from USB. So any cheaper external USB card with the chip + external power is what I am keen in

n.

27 minutes ago, zerung said:

@matthias  I have their Femto. But not willing to pay the extra for the XE. This is primarily because I am also trying to get away from USB. So any cheaper external USB card with the chip + external power is what I am keen in

n.

You can try a Sonnet Echo Express SEL Thunderbolt 3 small desktop expansion chassis with a Sonnet USB Card (ASM3142) and power this with an external LPS.

Matt

"I want to know why the musicians are on stage, not where". (John Farlowe)