IGNORED

Article: Meet The Audiophile Style Community | Volume 7

Chris,

Thank you for sharing the spotlight on a "regular joe" member.  Given the caliber some of the setups on here, I really didn't think my submission would make the cut!   Very humble setup as you can see but very grateful for all the folks I have met and interacted with on here over the years.  It's late here in India at the moment, but just wanted to thank you for featuring me on here.  

I look forward to having you visit for a cup of tea anytime.  

Regards

Custom Win10 Server | Mutec MC-3+ USB | Lampizator Amber | Job INT | ATC SCM20PSL + JL Audio E-Sub e110

6 hours ago, PYP said:

Your upbringing with music from around the world makes mine feel parochial.  My Dad was into classical music, so that is what I knew for a long time.  When I first heard Jazz (it was live) I thought it was created in another universe.   

What a comfortable space for listening.  Thanks for sharing your story.  

Having grown up in the NY metro area, I can imagine sharing space with 11.5 million people.  It must be a truly vibrant environment.  

Thank you PYP!  We do have a lot of people in these parts.

It's an interesting point about the diverse musical taste.   Because growing up I thought nothing of it.  My love for music comes from my father.  His family favored Hindustani Classical music.  He developed a taste for Western music when he came over to Mumbai where he met my mother.  Mumbai has a fantastic musical legacy and while over there he picked up on Dean Martin, Sinatra, Nat King Cole etc.   He went on to develop a taste for Country and a little bit of Classical and built a reasonable collection of vinyl to the point where I am familiar with the standards.  

Custom Win10 Server | Mutec MC-3+ USB | Lampizator Amber | Job INT | ATC SCM20PSL + JL Audio E-Sub e110

2 hours ago, Musicophile said:

Thanks for the kind words Nikhil!

Hi Musicophile! 

How could I not!!  That was a fantastic discussion thread that brought so much new music into my repertoire.

I still listen to Giovanni Mirabassi a lot.  Discovering Euro Jazz was one of the highlights.

Regards

4 hours ago, Birdfan said:

I see you have the GMA Was Eos.. I have the continuum .5’s , Chroma HD’s, and continuum 1’s. I’ve always wondered why the mice able tweeters and mids. Doesn’t that take the drivers out of time alignment?. I’d love to hear your thoughts

Hello Birdfan,

Great to see another GMA owner on here. Here is what I did to time align the tweeter.  Starting with the tweeter right up front on the rail, I asked my wife to move the tweeter back in small steps until the sound appeared to emanate from the center of the mid bass driver.  That is the position I fixed the tweeter on the rail. I did this separately for the left and right speakers but they ended being at about the same length for both. When properly setup the sound is cohesive top to bottom.  I've now had these speakers for about 8 years.

I've never heard the Continuums but I had a pair of Chroma HX on order with Roy until he passed away last year.  

Regards

4 hours ago, JoeWhip said:

Very nice article and set up. I had the great pleasure of visiting India for two weeks a couple of years ago. Of course, I had to watch the Eagles beat the Patriots in Mumbai on my laptop, so I have asked the Eagles to fly me back the next time they are in the SB. After Mumbai we flew up to the golden crescent and drove to Delhi for the trip home. Stopped in Agra and toured the Taj which is the mist beautiful building I have ever seen. The Indian people are the most welcoming, kind and beautiful people we have encountered in our travels. Wherever we went, the people were amazing, as were the Tuk Tuk rides. If you ever go to India and are invited to a wedding, make sure you go. The party lasts for days. Namaste Nikhil.

Namaste Joewhip! 

Great to hear about your travels to India.  I am so glad you enjoyed your visit. 

I hope that when you do make your next trip, we could find some time to visit and listen to some tunes.

Regards

11 hours ago, Foggie said:

Great writeup and an excellent system to be proud of Nikhil! 

These community volumes are really a great idea, much more unique and personal than typical "what do you do", "show your system" threads - which are great as well.  Thanks for sharing.

Foggie,

Thank you very much.  And I agree ... these have been very unique.  

Regards 

6 hours ago, Solstice380 said:

@Nikhil Ah, if we had only bumped into each other here at AS a couple years before we did, I would have met you in HYD when I was there and we would have had the best biryani on the planet together!  Mmmmmiss the food, Chris can have the tea.  

Wonderful write-up!  I enjoyed your sense of history and culture throughout your descriptions.  And I am sure your system provides great musical delights. It is well put together and it fits nicely in such luxurious decor.  Enjoy, my friend!

Solstice80,

I can't believe you were here in HYD and we did not meet.  What a pity!   

We could easily spend some time discussing the food all by itself - something I failed to mention in my write up. 

Thank you very much for your kind words.  I still remember your private message to me when one of the exchanges (with another forum member) tuned a little unpleasant. I think that's how we first started interacting and it was very encouraging.  I'm glad I stuck around here. Meeting great folks like you has been a pleasure.   

Regards

23 hours ago, sh@rpshooter said:

Wonderful @Nikhil!

On 7/17/2020 at 8:10 AM, pas said:

Very nice! Beautiful room! Thanks for sharing.

On 7/17/2020 at 4:21 AM, Blake said:

Cool setup Nikhil!

On 7/17/2020 at 7:27 AM, Danny Kaey said:

Awesome seeing such enthusiasm for HiFi all over the globe!!!

Guys thank you very much.

I thought my submission was going to be a complete dud - thank you for getting the comments going!  

6 hours ago, AnotherSpin said:

Thank you for your modest recommendation of undoubtedly beautiful music by the most influential Indian flutist living today. Seriously, it is as difficult to recommend where to start listening to Indian classical music as it is to recommend where to start listening to serious Western music. Mozart? Bach? Beethoven? Sonatas, symphonies, operas? 

On another wave, I have my best memories of Hyderabad, where I spent a week or so near the historic centre of Charminar. Amazing Indian city with its own unique face. Nizam's Palace, Golconda Fortress at the location where all famous and legendary diamonds of old human history were mined...

Another Spin,

I had no idea that your travels brought you to Hyderabad.  Fantastic!  

I am very curious to know a little more about your knowledge of Indian culture.  

The "Old City" as we call it is a special place.  Time seems to stand still over there.

I can only hope and pray that the history and culture of this beautiful city is preserved.  

I am really glad that you could visit Hyderabad and sample some of it's treasures.

Regards

11 hours ago, PYP said:

Thank you.  That opened the door!  Did a search on Qobuz (via Roon) and saw a vast discography for both master musicians.  Currently listening to Hariprasad Chaurasia Live From Savai Gandharva Festival 1992.  Zakir Hussain also amazing (and wonderful presence on YouTube videos).  (Interesting to hear the likeness and differences with shakuhachi flute).

Gotta go...lots of listening to do.  Always love discovering new music (have been listening to a lot of female vocalist from Norway, courtesy of another thread on AS).  Stay well.  

There's quite a bit out there.  Glad you found a few on Qobuz!

The more you search their algorithm will start feeding more more.

• 2 weeks later...

Guys,

Thank you very much for the interest during these last few days. 

It was great chatting with you on here and on Private Messages - definitely got to know some of you better.

Thank you very much once again Chris for the feature.

I will be happy to continue replying to any posts made on here.

Regards