IGNORED

Turning off Windows Services

• 7 months later...

More is possible... with remote control 😋

• 32 processes under Win10 LTSC + HQP
  • 39 processes : W10 + HQP + Roon

Among the processes: TighVNC (remote control), MinorityClean, ProcessLasso core and file sharing (LanmanServer)
Ok, sometimes it's almost too much ... 🙃

Ah I forgot, there is also "windows run-command", excellent freeware to launch commands 

But the race for less process is not necessarily a necessity ... I just went to the maximum like a game while keeping a usable and operational system.

ROON + HQP / Hdplex H3-i5 + 400ATX >Gustard A26 (NAA twk) > SQM > Benchmark AHB2 / Recital Audio Illumine HEFA

9 hours ago, PeterSt said:

Haha, the situation is this:

This is my own "AO" software that existed 5 years before any AO emerged. It's just playback software (XXHighEnd) which turns the Windows OS into an "Audio OS". It does this differently for the various OSes through time (from XP to WS2019 but actually to W10 14393.0 (beyond that it went down hill for good sounding OSes or tweaks possible).

What's a kind of special is that the OS is stripped in real time (say like AO does, but I do it in real time), while you just the same can revert to your original OS (both are a matter of "booting into").

Btw, this is all not for just some "Low Numbers" fun, but it seriously improves Sound Quality. Well, if you know AO then I assume that you know that this is right. And the lesser processes and services the better the SQ. But it also highly depends on the OS. with W8 the most difficult to get right and W7 the most poor sounding, once you know what Vista can do.

Etc.

Respect !!
I admit having looked at the forum (XXHighEnd) in the spring and not having come back to it.
I am using Roon + HQP and it seems to me that XXHighEnd did not allow it ... hence my tests under Win10 LTSC.

ROON + HQP / Hdplex H3-i5 + 400ATX >Gustard A26 (NAA twk) > SQM > Benchmark AHB2 / Recital Audio Illumine HEFA

• 7 months later...
9 hours ago, rfc647 said:

my w10 LTSC tweak, work ok for offline streaming,tiny and very fast boot.

245090458_456106192404372_3219849610148136754_n.jpg

Good job ... but 

Good job... but with what software and for what purpose.
I can do 24 with Roon, HQplayer and MinortyClean operational.... 31 with TighVNC and services to do maintenance.

Do a "tasklist /s ip_server /U user /p pass"