I have the fritz box 7490 connected via ethernet to volumio and an external disc HDD usb 3.0 to box. Although I can see the disc on laptop I can not mount the disc on the network drive of volumio as NAS. I have made the necessary settings on the box, create password, SMB1.0 but still nothing.

icon.png

16 hours ago, nikolaos1969 said:

@DuckToller

I have the fritz box 7490 connected via ethernet to volumio and an external disc HDD usb 3.0 to box. Although I can see the disc on laptop I can not mount the disc on the network drive of volumio as NAS. I have made the necessary settings on the box, create password, SMB1.0 but still nothing.

icon.png

@nikolaos1969 -- usually, when i've had to enter a path, i had to put http:\\ in front (even for local devices) -- i don't see that you did that.  have you tried it?

sources:  intel nuc8i5 (roon rock) | intel nuc7i5 (ws2019, ao, roon bridge) (main) | intel nuc6i5 (win10, ao, roon bridge) (headphone)
headphone rig:  schiit yggdrasil (a2, unison) > bryston bha-1 > senn hd600
main rig:  chord dave > parasound jc2bp > parasound jc5 > kef reference 1

9 hours ago, nikolaos1969 said:

@jcn3 but still nothing yet

icon.png

Has to be http:\\ -- you have the syntax wrong.

sources:  intel nuc8i5 (roon rock) | intel nuc7i5 (ws2019, ao, roon bridge) (main) | intel nuc6i5 (win10, ao, roon bridge) (headphone)

3 hours ago, nikolaos1969 said:

@jcn3Unfortunately still does not work

icon2.png

The two after http go "\\", the rest go "/"

5 hours ago, nikolaos1969 said:

@jcn3this is what you mean

http:\\fritz.box\\nas\\#/files/TOSHIBA_EXT/Fidelity

Http:\\fritz.box/nas/#/files/toshiba_ext/fidelity

@nikolaos1969 check this guide https://en.avm.de/service/fritzbox/fritzbox-7490/knowledge-base/publication/show/543_Configuring-storage-NAS-on-the-computer-as-a-network-drive/

it seems there is a mistake in the names used 

should be 

http:\\fritz.box\FRITZ.NAS\#\files\toshiba_ext/fidelity

instead of 
Http:\\fritz.box/nas
/#/files/toshiba_ext/fidelity

Stefano

My audio system

@stefano_mbpthanks, I have followed the instructions. I will try once more and then I will burn moode to see if it finds the NAS. Actually since the last update of volumio many users have problems using mounting NAS. Actually I have decided to set up the SoTm sms 200 ultra and I am trying to figure out whether there could be a problem with mounting the NAS 

Here's mine that works. In the path field I only have the path AFTER the initial NAS IP address:

IMG_0059.thumb.PNG.eefd32cfb1df97e6b8ceffdf83865d23.PNG

I dunno but it seems to me that your overall path is way too long and you basically have your IP address in twice by putting in the number of your IP address (192.168.178.1) AND the name of your IP address (FRITZ.NAS). As you can see from mine the NAS IP address has the name of the connected device, this could also be the number and the path is only the path AFTER the initial path to the NAS. In your case I assume the info you insert into the path field should only be:

#\files\TOSHIBA_EXT/Fidelity

I'm not sure what the hash or number sign is all about?

@wanta911when I enter the fritz box and go to the NAS and then go to HDD fidelity this is what written at the URL 

Http:\\fritz.box\nas\#\files\toshiba_ext\fidelity

LOL - I didn't even know what a Fritz Box was....I thought it was a NAS but I now know it's a router (thanks Google).

What OS are you using, is it Windows or MAC and which version?

As you have a Toshiba hard drive connected to your Fritz Box router. Have you:

1. Set up the NAS system in the Fritz Box settings?
  2. Made sure the NAS user access settings in your Fritz Box are both read and write?

I assume you have done number 1 because of the path you show.

@wanta911Yes I have done all the settings because I can access the HDD via laptop and via choice media server of volumio but I can not mount it via choice network drive. I use windows 10.

OK, one more thought - have you installed SMB1 as per the link below?

Starting with Windows 10 version 1709, the network protocol SMB1 required for accessing storage (NAS) connected to the FRITZ!Box is no longer installed by default. Therefore, make sure that SMB1 support is installed on your Windows 10 computer

https://en.avm.de/service/fritzbox/fritzbox-7490/knowledge-base/publication/show/543_Configuring-storage-NAS-on-the-computer-as-a-network-drive/

Well that's it....I give up 😵

I see you posted the problem in a thread on the Volumio forum with no reply but there were other suggestions in that thread that worked for others?

@wanta911well I have posted threads in many forums Greek or English but no one seems to have an answer. I do not know linux in order to to solve this via programming. I will install moode and see if I can do NAS mounting. If yes, then the problem is on volumio and then I can proceed to buy SoTm sms 200 ultra.

Did you configured in your fritzbox a user and did you enabled a shared folder for it?

could you post the screenshot of this configuration?

I think the issue is there.

Stefano

My audio system