IGNORED

Tweeter bass issue

LinkOnRoids

Question

Hello, just signed up looking for advice. I just bought a vehicle that has custom audio work with two amp and wires for subwoofers but there's an issue with the tweeters in the dash where whenever I have the volume up high they sound like they're about to explode from bass. Where should I look first to resolve the issue? 

3 answers to this question

22 hours ago, LinkOnRoids said:

Hello, just signed up looking for advice. I just bought a vehicle that has custom audio work with two amp and wires for subwoofers but there's an issue with the tweeters in the dash where whenever I have the volume up high they sound like they're about to explode from bass. Where should I look first to resolve the issue? 

Sounds like you have a choice of multiple things that may have happened.

1. Original owner didn't leave behind the passive crossover network that might have gone along with those tweeters and in its place you just have a full range signal going straight to the tweeters now.

2. Original owner DID leave behind the passive crossover network that might have gone with those tweeters BUT its fried and no longer doing its job.

3. There is no passive crossover network (in the traditional sense of a passive component set having a matched mid/tweeter combo) and instead the tweeters are receiving a feed from one of the Amp channel pairs and relying on some built in crossover module within the Amp. If that were the case then perhaps the module is missing or someone brushed up on the crossover knobs on the Amp and now its just set too high by accident.

Many more possibilities from here but these are just a few speculation's to consider

On 7/10/2020 at 10:53 PM, LinkOnRoids said:

If your "tweeters" are getting too much bass, that means there is no crossover/ speaker equalization happening to roll off the bass frequencies

for those speakers. You probably ought to consult with a competent car audio installer for options to correct.

Regards,

Dave

Audio system