IGNORED

Innuos 1.4.5

Hi @ehoz,

I didn't hear anything when I installed it this morning.

Did you notice a difference?

Release notes don't seem to mention sound quality either. Not that they always would.

Cheers,

Alan

Synergistic Research Powercell UEF SE > Sonore OpticalModule (LPS-1.2 & DXP-1A5DSC) > EtherRegen (SR4T & DXP-1A5DSC) > (Sablon 2020 LAN) Innuos PhoenixNet > Muon Streaming System > Grimm Audio MU1 server > (Sablon AES) Mola Mola Tambaqui DAC > PS Audio M1200 monoblocks > Salk Sound Supercharged Songtowers

For whatever reason I preferred 1.4.4

I found the sound tighter, warmer and fuller.

1.4.5 sounds a bit more airy. 
I am not sure what if any changes were made to the update to affect it sonically- the release notes don’t offer anything specifically. 
hence I thought if it were only my ears :)

Ah, in that case I'm worst placed to answer as my system is in a 'transition period' with a couple things burning in. So I probably wouldn't notice or would assume it was ongoing burn-in.

Synergistic Research Powercell UEF SE > Sonore OpticalModule (LPS-1.2 & DXP-1A5DSC) > EtherRegen (SR4T & DXP-1A5DSC) > (Sablon 2020 LAN) Innuos PhoenixNet > Muon Streaming System > Grimm Audio MU1 server > (Sablon AES) Mola Mola Tambaqui DAC > PS Audio M1200 monoblocks > Salk Sound Supercharged Songtowers

3 hours ago, ehoz said:

hence I thought if it were only my ears :)

How do you play your music?  Roon?  Experimental mode?  

I unfortunately can't help you on this as yesterday I replaced my Zenith Mk2 with a Zenith Mk3.

Digital:  Sonore opticalModule > Uptone EtherRegen > Shunyata Sigma Ethernet > Antipodes K30 > Shunyata Omega USB > Gustard X26pro DAC < Mutec REF10 SE120

Amp & Speakers:  Spectral DMA-150mk2 > Aerial 10T

Foundation: Stillpoints Ultra, Shunyata Denali v1 and Typhon x1 power conditioners, Shunyata Delta v2 and QSA Lanedri Gamma Revelation and Infinity power cords, QSA Lanedri Gamma Revelation XLR interconnect, Shunyata Sigma Ethernet, MIT Matrix HD 60 speaker cables, GIK bass traps, ASC Isothermal tube traps, Stillpoints Aperture panels, Quadraspire SVT rack, PGGB 256

Default mode - no Roon nor experimental. Using the LMS via browser on port 9000 or ipeng - Usb to Directstream  DAC 

I find parts of the Innuos philosophy to be pretty stifling. I should have the ability to roll back to an older version if I choose.

36 minutes ago, kennyb123 said:

How do you play your music?  Roon?  Experimental mode?  

I unfortunately can't help you on this as yesterday I replaced my Zenith Mk2 with a Zenith Mk3.

Congrats Ken!

OT for this thread (sorry @ehoz) but how's the MK3 comparing to the MK2?

Back on topic - @ehoz that's interesting because on paper at least Roon would be the more likely suspect for sound differences as it's just more complicated. LMS is pretty simple by comparison.

Of course that's the theory and often this hobby confounds the theory.

Might be worth asking Innuos if they are aware of anything that might impact LMS SQ.

Cheers,

Alan

Thanks Kimo - yep have logged a support request with them to ask the q. I spoke to them but they needed To clarify with the tech folks if there were any sq changes.

My ears hear it tho - and that might be a slippery slope . Wish they gave us the ability of roll back

3 hours ago, Abyss Man said:

I too find the FW update not really to my liking. The highs sound a tad bright. It's lost that mojo, x-factor if you will. Damn. I will listen again after letting it settle and just in case, I restarted my digital front. Let's see.

Hey @Abyss Man, what server integration are you using? Roon, LMS, Experimental?

Cheers,

Alan

My setup is a bit complicated cause I use the Zenith as a core but that in turns plugs into the sms-200 ultra Neo and txusb ultra. I have to set my player on the Eunhasu player to squeezlite and then on Roon set it to squeebox. On the Zenith I have to set it to experimental.

I had thought I installed 1.4.5 the other night but discovered that a reboot was pending.  Sounds just as good as it did with 1.4.4 after the reboot.

Digital:  Sonore opticalModule > Uptone EtherRegen > Shunyata Sigma Ethernet > Antipodes K30 > Shunyata Omega USB > Gustard X26pro DAC < Mutec REF10 SE120

Foundation: Stillpoints Ultra, Shunyata Denali v1 and Typhon x1 power conditioners, Shunyata Delta v2 and QSA Lanedri Gamma Revelation and Infinity power cords, QSA Lanedri Gamma Revelation XLR interconnect, Shunyata Sigma Ethernet, MIT Matrix HD 60 speaker cables, GIK bass traps, ASC Isothermal tube traps, Stillpoints Aperture panels, Quadraspire SVT rack, PGGB 256

1 hour ago, kennyb123 said:

I had thought I installed 1.4.5 the other night but discovered that a reboot was pending.  Sounds just as good as it did with 1.4.4 after the reboot.

Good to get a data point in the no change side.

What server integration you using Ken?

Cheers,

Alan

4 hours ago, kennyb123 said:

Hi Ken,

I have been spending time after the upgrade and I think I know why its a hit and miss for me. It could be my Mundorf Silver/Gold DC cables. I'm sorry if I was too quick with the assessment. I think I better let it run in more before making comments here, apologies to Innuos too, but then again, I'm expecting the arrival of my Farads with the Orange fuse soon, probably Tuseday, so there goes my take on the FW upgrade. LOL. Think I'd better stay clear of saying anything for now till everything settles down in a month or 2. LOL.

7 hours ago, BigAlMc said:

What server integration you using Ken?

Experimental mode

48 minutes ago, kennyb123 said:

Experimental mode

Hate to say it but does you and I's use of Experimental mode potentially shield us from any deleterious SQ effects. Ram playback hiding a drop that's evident elsewhere.

Though I still struggle with LMS taking a hit if I'm honest.

Just clarifying - i dont use roon or experimental. Just straight up LMS.

I think giving the user the choice to upgrade or roll back would be great. I am Saying roll back to n-1 version or the current version. If the use logs a support ticket that might necessitate an upgrade.

On 7/10/2020 at 9:25 AM, Abyss Man said:

My setup is a bit complicated cause I use the Zenith as a core but that in turns plugs into the sms-200 ultra Neo and txusb ultra. I have to set my player on the Eunhasu player to squeezlite and then on Roon set it to squeebox. On the Zenith I have to set it to experimental.

Curious your configuration. Would you say that SQ is better using the Neo as end point? I am asking this be causing I am using my Zen as just core and an ultraRendu as end point and the SQ is much better. I was considering to upgrade to a Zenith and sell the ultraRendu or keep the Zen and buy an opticalRendu. Not sure what will be the best SQ. I am also using an etherRegen with an optocalModule. The sound I have now is fantastic! Thanks for any advice. Another optical would be an Auralic G2.

Jensen VRD-iFF>Router>Rj45>opticalModule>
SFP>Buffalo2016>SFP>opticalModule >Rj45>

IZen Mk3>Rj45> Delock62619>Rj45>
etherRegen (Master Clock+ Mini-Circuits BLP)>SFP>opticalRendu>USB>IsoRegen>

USB>Phoenix>USB>OPPO 205 (Modded)>HMS “the Perfect Match”>Proac Tablette Reference 8 Signature.

7 hours ago, BigAlMc said:

Hate to say it but does you and I's use of Experimental mode potentially shield us from any deleterious SQ effects. Ram playback hiding a drop that's evident elsewhere.

If we were using regular Roon Core mode, Roon’s playback engine would be shielding us from changes that Innuos makes to their own playback engine.  Experimental mode substitutes the Innuos playback engine for Roon’s.  So what we hear would give us a clue as to what would be heard with LMS.

6 hours ago, ehoz said:

Just clarifying - i dont use roon or experimental. Just straight up LMS.

I think giving the user the choice to upgrade or roll back would be great. I am Saying roll back to n-1 version or the current version. If the use logs a support ticket that might necessitate an upgrade.

This version provided native DSD support for additional DACs.  Do you have one of those DACs that gained this?