IGNORED

New Magnepan LRS

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE 
July 8, 2020
MAGNEPAN RELEASES FIRST PROMOTIONAL VIDEO IN ITS HISTORY HIGHLIGHTS NEW QUASI-RIBBON SPEAKER “LRS”
WHITE BEAR LAKE, MN – Magnepan released a new video today, promoting its latest speaker offering – the LRS, or “Little Ribbon Speaker.” The video is available for Magnepan dealers to send to their customers, to the media (link below), and to the general public on the Magnepan YouTube video channel.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HyjMuetVxJM
The video, one-minute forty-one seconds in length, is a spoof on the 2001: A Space Odyssey theme, and presents the LRS speaker as a powerful visitor to this planet. It features the LRS speaker as the focus of the video, along with dramatic shots of the Earth from space, as well as several surprise iconic scenes that tongue-in-cheek parody the original film’s theme.
The video was created for Magnepan by long-time Magneplanar speaker fan and award-winning Director Joe (“Mama”) Mason, whose directing work includes House of Cards, Blue Man Group, and other work seen on Amazon Prime Video. Mr. Mason worked in conjunction with Magnepan Marketing Manager Wendell Diller, who ensured the brand and product were represented accurately throughout the video.
”This was a fantastic opportunity for me to create something for a speaker brand I have long admired,” said Director Joe Mason. “Of course, it was a natural pairing to match an iconic film with an equally iconic speaker brand.” Wendell Diller, Magnepan Marketing Manager agreed. "I have been marketing Magneplanars for 47 years. This video captures the ‘Otherworld’ experience that so typifies the reaction of consumers to first hearing the music they love from a flat panel,” said Wendell.
# # #
About Magnepan Magnepan has been manufacturing innovative, world-class stereo speakers for 47 years, and is located in White Bear Lake Minnesota. Over 200,000 pairs of Magneplanar loudspeakers have been sold worldwide. Magneplanars are made in the United States.

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

Website says:

Perhaps you heard Maggies somewhere in the past but were not impressed, maybe it was the sound room or setup or associated equipment. The LRS 60-day, money-back, home-trial program allows you to sample Magnepan's full-range ribbon technology for $650 pair in your home against the very best box speakers (at any price). We hope you will take the challenge.

————————-

But I think the speaker as released a year ago.