IGNORED

Configure piCOREplayer

audiobomber

Question

I'm trying to configure piCOREplayer on my Raspberry Pi. It's asking for a Network Disk mount point, /mnt/ 

<Mount Point> the name of the mount point for the drive. Alpha-numeric pathnames required (up to 32 characters).
  • Do not use hardware device names like sda1 or mmcblk0.

I tried the path to my NAS music folder, Z:\Music and many variations, no luck.  It keeps saying "Please match the requested format". What do I need to enter?

Main System: QNAP TS-451+ NAS > Silent Angel Bonn N8 > Sonore opticalModule Deluxe v2 > Corning SMF with Finisar FTLF1318P3BTL SFPs > Uptone EtherREGEN > exaSound PlayPoint and e32 Mk-II DAC > Meitner MTR-101 Plus monoblocks > Bamberg S5-MTM sealed standmount speakers. 

Crown XLi 1500 powering  AV123 Rocket UFW10 stereo subwoofers

Upgraded power on all switches, renderer and DAC. 

4 answers to this question

Never mind, configuring is too messy, back to Volumio.

Main System: QNAP TS-451+ NAS > Silent Angel Bonn N8 > Sonore opticalModule Deluxe v2 > Corning SMF with Finisar FTLF1318P3BTL SFPs > Uptone EtherREGEN > exaSound PlayPoint and e32 Mk-II DAC > Meitner MTR-101 Plus monoblocks > Bamberg S5-MTM sealed standmount speakers. 

Hi Audio B.

There are reasons for PCP and against Volumio.

I had written about that last summer in an article called summer breeze on the homepage:

'There are tiny bits I've added here for you, in case you are new to the LMS ecosystem and you want to know these basic settings information before you use the server: 

1. You need to define your media folders via the settings interface.
    The tricky thing is, your device's access to these folders must be defined in advance in the LMS interface (Logitech Media Server (LMS) operations) of the PiCorePlayer.
  2. As a prerequisite, install and enable additional FileSystems, then mount your USB disk or setup a Network Disk Mount for your source in the network. Only then use the LMS Web interface under your "LMS-IP":9000/Default /settings/index.html and browse for your playlist folders.  (see slides)
  3. If you unmount the USB connections or network disks, make sure that you restart the PiCorePlayer to avoid running in a network error information

slidess are in the article

Best, Tom

1 hour ago, DuckToller said:

There are reasons for PCP and against Volumio.

I believe your objection to Volumio is described in this sentence: "Within the development of myVolumio the use of plug-ins for native Qobuz and Tidal has become a supplementary paid service." 

That is a valid and important point for anyone wanting either service. I only use the Pi for my own music from NAS, and I don't use Volumio as a controller. I use Music Station with WIndows and QMusic with Android. These QNAP programs are able to control my sms-200, RPi and Chromecast Audio streamers.

Your description of how to configure piCorePlayer above is the reason I won't be trying pCP again. Frankly the explanation is half Greek to me. Volumio setup is dead simple and it does everything I need. I just wanted to try something different to see if it was better. I wrestled with Moode for most of the day before trying pCp. I need to stay with Volumio.  

18 hours ago, audiobomber said:

I believe your objection to Volumio is described in this sentence: "Within the development of myVolumio the use of plug-ins for native Qobuz and Tidal has become a supplementary paid service." 

That is a valid and important point for anyone wanting either service. I only use the Pi for my own music from NAS, and I don't use Volumio as a controller. I use Music Station with WIndows and QMusic with Android. These QNAP programs are able to control my sms-200, RPi and Chromecast Audio streamers.

Your description of how to configure piCorePlayer above is the reason I won't be trying pCP again. Frankly the explanation is half Greek to me. Volumio setup is dead simple and it does everything I need. I just wanted to try something different to see if it was better. I wrestled with Moode for most of the day before trying pCp. I need to stay with Volumio.  

Thats correct and I understand your use case with Volumio. Thks.