IGNORED

iPhone 12 WTF?

In single it is a very very low electrical charge.  The danger, and why phone cord packaging states not to get it wet, is the lines can take a current if given one.  More of a concern for linemen with bundles of wires, but angry pixies are angry pixies.

8 hours ago, kennyb123 said:

...I sat next to a person who had just learned that they'd have to replace their iPhone.  It was obvious this individual was distraught over having to shell out that kind of cash.  Tough news to have to deliver to a customer.

Thanks, yet another reason for me to stick with my corded landline phone. My current phone cost me $6 from Walmart. The one it replaced was $10 and it lasted for over ten years, that works out to $1 per year.

I have dementia. I save all my posts in a text file I call Forums.  I do a search in that file to find out what I said or did in the past.

I still love music.

Teresa

12 minutes ago, Teresa said:

Thanks, yet another reason for me to stick with my corded landline phone. My current phone cost me $6 from Walmart. The one it replaced was $10 and it lasted for over ten years, that works out to $1 per year.

An iPhone is best thought of as a handheld computer that, amongst other things, can also make phone calls.  A landline phone isn't really an apples-to-apples comparison (pun intended).  It's the capabilities that the handheld computer provide that justify the price (for some).  

Digital:  Sonore opticalModule > Uptone EtherRegen > Shunyata Sigma Ethernet > Antipodes K30 > Shunyata Omega USB > Gustard X26pro DAC < Mutec REF10 SE120

Amp & Speakers:  Spectral DMA-150mk2 > Aerial 10T

Foundation: Stillpoints Ultra, Shunyata Denali v1 and Typhon x1 power conditioners, Shunyata Delta v2 and QSA Lanedri Gamma Revelation and Infinity power cords, QSA Lanedri Gamma Revelation XLR interconnect, Shunyata Sigma Ethernet, MIT Matrix HD 60 speaker cables, GIK bass traps, ASC Isothermal tube traps, Stillpoints Aperture panels, Quadraspire SVT rack, PGGB 256

• 2 weeks later...

I am with Teresa.  I have an iPhone but most "features" are not activated.  No Siri, no location services, very few apps.

I do not use mobile banking, no payment apps etc.   I do not have any so called "social media" AKA Chinese Communist hacks on my phone.  I consider Facebook to be the devils handmaiden, Twitter is for twits, I put black tape over the camera.  God knows what Russain Fancy Bear is doing with that camera.  I am considering wrapping my phone in Tin Foil.  (just like my hat)!!

In any dispute the intensity of feeling is inversely proportional to the value of the issues at stake ~ Sayre's Law

On 7/4/2020 at 5:32 PM, AudioDoctor said:

I have long wanted a completely energy independent home with battery storage for a significant amount of time, powered by both solar and wind, and perhaps a propane/natural gas system for cooking and heating, and a wood burning fireplace for aesthetics and backup incase everything else fails in the middle of January. Sadly, it's hard to put up a wind generator in the city, and I don't want to tear down trees to put up solar panels either.

I am with you...I have long wanted to do solar and something along these lines: https://nordicgrizzly.com/product/600w-12v-24v-vertical-axis-helix-residentail-home-wind-turbine-kit-ae-2/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIlrjA7OHP6gIVjYbACh3-gw1NEAkYCCABEgLWefD_BwE

Put a few on the roof and become a power generator instead of consumer...batteries for storage.  However, while I can do in my neighborhood, there is the WAF issue...If I ever build my external garage in my back yard (I have just over 1.5 acres) I am putting it all in.

EDIT: sorry for the subsequent deleted posts...had computer/internet lockup...or user error or something...

QNAP TS453Pro w/QLMS->Netgear Switch->Netgear RAX43 Router->Ethernet (50 ft)->Netgear switch->SBTouch ->SABAJ A10d->Linn Majik-IL (preamp)->Linn 2250->Linn Keilidh; Control Points: iPeng (iPad Air & iPhone); Also: Rega P3-24 w/ DV 10x5; OPPO 103; PC Playback: Foobar2000 & JRiver; Portable: iPhone 12 ProMax & Radio Paradise or NAS streaming; Sony NWZ ZX2 w/ PHA-3; SMSL IQ, Fiio Q5, iFi Nano iDSD BL; Garage: Edifier S1000DB Active Speakers  

33 minutes ago, jcbenten said:

I am with you...I have long wanted to do solar and something along these lines: https://nordicgrizzly.com/product/600w-12v-24v-vertical-axis-helix-residentail-home-wind-turbine-kit-ae-2/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIlrjA7OHP6gIVjYbACh3-gw1NEAkYCCABEgLWefD_BwE

Put a few on the roof and become a power generator instead of consumer...batteries for storage.  However, while I can do in my neighborhood, there is the WAF issue...If I ever build my external garage in my back yard (I have just over 1.5 acres) I am putting it all in.

EDIT: sorry for the subsequent deleted posts...had computer/internet lockup...or user error or something...

Those look much easier to place than a big tower with blades on it.

No electron left behind.

Luckily here in the SW our house, like most, is built along traditional Pueblo stylistic lines, meaning it has a flat roof (pitched just sufficiently to allow rainwater to run off) with a surrounding parapet, so no one sees the rooftop solar panels.

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

21 hours ago, AudioDoctor said:

Those look much easier to place than a big tower with blades on it.

Yes and, if I put chicken wire around them, will not kill birds.  One W. Texas Windmill Power Generator is on the hook for 1000 Bald Eagles @ $1 Million each...Last I read, they had paid only one of the fines.

QNAP TS453Pro w/QLMS->Netgear Switch->Netgear RAX43 Router->Ethernet (50 ft)->Netgear switch->SBTouch ->SABAJ A10d->Linn Majik-IL (preamp)->Linn 2250->Linn Keilidh; Control Points: iPeng (iPad Air & iPhone); Also: Rega P3-24 w/ DV 10x5; OPPO 103; PC Playback: Foobar2000 & JRiver; Portable: iPhone 12 ProMax & Radio Paradise or NAS streaming; Sony NWZ ZX2 w/ PHA-3; SMSL IQ, Fiio Q5, iFi Nano iDSD BL; Garage: Edifier S1000DB Active Speakers