IGNORED

Routers and Ethernet switch

2 hours ago, Sheldon Simon said:

The Chord Co

Chord (the cable company, not the DAC company) are making a switch under the brand English Electric.

https://englishelectric.uk/

Haven't heard it myself but people on Naim forums are saying it's comparable to the EtherRegen. And it's slightly cheaper (on the UK side of the pond anyway).

EtherRegen is a bit of a fans favourite here as Alex and John spend a lot of time on the forum and are well regarded for their quality products. I have this one myself and it made a significant improvement in SQ.

https://audiophilestyle.com/forums/topic/57519-uptone-audio-etherregen-listening-impressions/

But end of the day it depends on your system, how much noise, EMF/RF etc is kicking around. Only way to know for certain is to listen to one in your system.

Depending on your budget I'd say either try the English Electric or EtherRegen but be warned that these need a good quality linear PSU to really perform. So factor in a few hundred more for the PSU (unless of course you already have one to hand). Can be a bit of a rabbit hole.

The advice to try a non-audiophile, but highly performing switch like the Cisco is good advice. Meraki and Buffalo switches are also known for sounding good but the Buffalo's can be hard to source.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Alan

2 hours ago, Sheldon Simon said:

there is a OCXO ROUTER

PS if this is The Linear Company then steer well clear. They've gotten a very bad reputation on here for over-promising and then not delivering or delivering sub-standard products.

As a rule of thumb I know many, many audiophiles with 'audiophile switches' but hardly any with 'audiophile routers'. 

Synergistic Research Powercell UEF SE > Sonore OpticalModule (LPS-1.2 & DXP-1A5DSC) > EtherRegen (SR4T & DXP-1A5DSC) > (Sablon 2020 LAN) Innuos PhoenixNet > Muon Streaming System > Grimm MU1 > (Sablon 2020 AES) > Mola Mola Tambaqui DAC > PS Audio M1200 monoblocks > Focal Sopra No2 speakers