IGNORED

DENAFRIPS TERMINATOR GOES PLUS

1 hour ago, ConcreteCow said:

Love to give the Terminator Plus a go!

But..... I would like demo it first as dropping 5K on a DAC I haven't heard is somewhat of a serious gamble. Especially if it comes all the way from the Far East.

I presume Customs fees and Import Taxes come into play as well.

Can anyone in the UK help me?

Also, what is the demo etiquette these days? Do I need to pay all in advance with an understanding of a full refund of not purchased? Or is it a deposit of some amount? Or is it based on the existing trust of one's regular Audio Supplier (whom mine unfortunately does not supply/import items from this manufacturer).

Hi,

Alvin Chee is the owner of Vinshine Audio.  Vinshine is the worldwide distributor for Denafrips.  Alvin can answer all of your questions and his customer service is the best in the business. 

Send Alvin an email at: [email protected] and tell him we sent you :)

Speaker Room: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Pacific 2 | Viva Linea | Constellation Inspiration Stereo 1.0 | FinkTeam Kim | dual Rythmik E15HP subs  

Office Headphone System: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Golden Gate 3 | Viva Egoista | Abyss AB1266 Phi TC 

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, divertiti said:

@Blake Congrats on the purchase. Any early impressions on the Terminator Plus? How does it sound vs. the Terminator original model with and without Gaia?

I am smiling, but I am still trying to get a handle on everything as the Terminator Plus is burning in as well as some new clock cables and HDMI cable.  I will give things another couple of weeks to settle in and then I will try to put together my thoughts.  To further complicate matters, I just had some LessLoss gear in for demo. So many variables, but I will eventually sort it all out.

Speaker Room: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Pacific 2 | Viva Linea | Constellation Inspiration Stereo 1.0 | FinkTeam Kim | dual Rythmik E15HP subs  

Office Headphone System: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Golden Gate 3 | Viva Egoista | Abyss AB1266 Phi TC 

• 3 weeks later...

Gaia is not required per se. 

It just further improves things in terms of enhanced resolution, clarity and sound staging.

Some users may actually prefer USB direct in or my even prefer the original Terminator with the original Terminator board (Steve does).  Me?  If it is on the recording, I want to hear it.  Others don't care about that sort of thing.

Sort of like power conditioning, a separate dedicated power circuit, cables, a better server, a better endpoint, linear power supplies, after market footers, etc.  None of it is "required".  This isn't the only DAC out there that can be improved with a high quality D/D converter.  See Berkeley for example.  And no, I am not making any blanket statements here.  This is a case by case basis thing.  By the way, USB direct in to the Terminator Plus sounds absolutely incredible to me.

No DAC will satisfy everyone.  The Terminator Plus hits all the buttons for me, but at this level each prospective customer needs to try in their own system which is admittedly difficult as there are not many manufacturers that will loan out DAC's or provide 100% money back guaranty.  You do your homework and then roll the dice. 

I see people posting that if I pay $______ dollars for product X, that product should be perfect and incapable of being improved with any cable or upstream device.  It should be immune to such things.  In theory, that is a nice thought, but in practice it just doesn't work like that.  I wish that was not the case but it is.