IGNORED

TBVO Album Poll and Future Album Nominations

Which should be the next TBVO?  

14 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hello Everyone,

I have a new TBVO that should be posted soon on Bill Withers's Still Bill. When Withers died, I'd been working on several TBVOs. (At any given time, I have at least three or four in progress, since I typically have to hit the pause button at some point in each TBVO when I discover that I need another CD, should to get in touch with a mastering engineer, etc.) Since I don't have a strong preference on which one to proceed with next, I thought I'd put it up to a vote.

I also wanted to create a spreadsheet where you can nominate an album (or second, third, etc. someone else's nomination) for a future TBVO. I've included a column where you can indicate if you know that the album in question has three or more unique masterings. It's okay if you don't know. But if you know for a fact that it doesn't, then it probably isn't a good candidate for a TBVO, even if it's a classic album. 

Obviously, since I have to have enough interest in the album to listen to it dozens and dozens of times, not to mention the recording research, I reserve the right to avoid albums based on my tastes. (No Duran Duran albums need apply.) Nonetheless, it would be helpful to gauge interest in various albums.

I hope everyone is staying safe and healthy!

Josh