IGNORED

Misleading Measurements

4 hours ago, Clockmeister said:

Why do you need to send it to non recognised third party with a public agenda for affirmation?

Your logic seems a bit broken. Are you saying miscellaneous can't measure and can't put out a regimen that you could use to reproduce or debunk said measurements. 

Could you see yourself suggesting shortcomings in the the current testing and suggest others or do you just want to throw tomatoes?

9 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

The whole crux of my reasoning for this thread was to seek information on why objectivists wish to celebrate that which can’t be heard but only when it suits their agenda. 

So when you are brewing a cup of tea would you rather tea that has 0% of any pesticide or FDA acceptable levels? If given the choice and you have a preference.

On 6/28/2020 at 8:42 PM, The Computer Audiophile said:

I was thinking about this the other day and came to the conclusion that measurements are almost always published in a misleading way. Here’s why. 

I'll point out the error laden, but yet somehow a bunch of people gushing, DarqueKnight video quality with eR thread. That one counts too right?

4 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

but my thing is with the seeming lack of consistency or celebration when it’s convenient and damnation when it isn’t. 

I think people celebrate reproducible results. It means the protocol, either bad or good, at least works. I have a friend that ISO certifies manufacturing. It's funny because he'll certified piss poor manufacturing practices as long as they are consistent.

1 minute ago, Audiophile Neuroscience said:

Would it be reasonable to conclude that the measurements contained in the ISO certification are then either misleading or alternatively, not measuring what needs to be measured?

No ISO, from what I understand, focus on repeatability / consistency.

1 minute ago, Audiophile Neuroscience said:

but the consistency of measurements allow for "piss poor manufacturing practices". I would feel consistently misled or let down by such a measurement standard

Agreed. So what measurements do you have an issue with and what would be the better alternatives?

• 3 months later...
On 7/16/2020 at 8:11 AM, pkane2001 said:

Totally disagree. Since it allows you to construct any non-linearity, it is a tool to simulate whatever you like. 

Look, you've obviously not looked or used it or tried to understand what it does, and yet you keep arguing against it. You're arguing in bad faith and there's no reason for it.

I can't wait for his version of your application with all the corrections and fixes.

5 minutes ago, sandyk said:

It needn't be that way if you either pay for better audio or have suitable Video S/W where you can demultiplex the hidden A and V streams after downloading the videos. The hidden video is typically 70,000kb/s (max.)  H264, and the hidden Audio is typically 529kb/s .aac which is VERY close to CD quality

What about the mic they used to record it? You know the SINGLE Monaural point source? Also the extra AD-DA now introduced.

Is all that very close to CD quality?

3 minutes ago, sandyk said:

Very few other than some A.S. members (and readers) 😉know that with reasonable material to start with you that it is possible to even create better looking AND better sounding videos if you have the patience, and really would like to save that particular performance.

(The attached was from Miley Cyrus-Malibu)

Miley Cyrus-Malibu.jpg

Sandy, they are talking about evaluation of high end systems by hot mic'ing them and then putting them on YT with lossy compression.

I used Video LAN player to extract audio all the time off of YT.

• 2 weeks later...