IGNORED

Misleading Measurements

Objectivists believe they know the threshold or level of audibility with respect to measurements.

Rob Watts (Chord) had noted in his talks (RMAF, etc .... see YouTube), that it is only when he began pushing metrics WAAAAAAAAAYYYY above and beyond -- limits of measuring instruments (> 300db s/n, etc)-- that he finally began to notice subjective improvements (which, as he claims, above all, is depth perception). 

There are likely to more measured parameters added to scientific toolkit ... yet to come. Eg.,  (to test labs) linearity and data jitter came in well after the CD format was released to consumer. 

Also, known (measured ) parameters and unknown/unmeasured ones my well significantly matter if they are found to synergistic or interactive. In crude words, the pac-man exits the left side of the arcade screen and simultaneously pops in on the right. 

I am still a bit unclear on why certain D-S dacs, as their specs get more and more "unmeasurable",  (esp. AKM), and the sound gets softer and smoother, but NOT more music or exciting. Or the NOS vs. OS crowd. You get the idea.

Hard-core objectivists have very little genetic imagination ... so, eg., they can't IMAGINE a world outside the box of, say, a Univ. Physics textbook publ'd in 2008.... that even basic equations and laws will change or be added to in an edition a few decades from now.

Think of all the "basic" science questions of day -- dark matter, dark energy, the "Hard Problem", etc. -- and then work back to how absurd objective complacency is in audio. 

1 hour ago, JoshM said:

Are you kidding? Threads get closed or individual users warned or banned for disagreeing with Amir all the time!

Yes, this happened to me. And I was never warned. 

Amazing how highly Google ranks ASR in any SERP (search engine results page). E.g. Google info on any given dac (Topping, SMSL, even Schiit) and ASR is nat or near the top of results. And ASR's Alexa ratting is getting right up there (~63k) next to similar-themed hydrogenaudio. 

Some $$ -- Patreon, AdSense, whatever -- must be rollin' in ... and that ($$) rules over "science" any day.

7 hours ago, pkane2001 said:

Made me look. Yes, why in the world would anyone get banned after insulting only two or three other posters in his first few messages after joining the site? Totally unexpected ;)

It's way to TEST how sensitive the body politic is to non-scientific immaturity.  A tough, "scientific" exoskeleton -- something you'd expect from a site proclaiming audiosciencereview.com -- would dismiss levity and concentrate on the topical issue. 

In a science forum, one is not expecting the body politic to be comprised of pus*ies.

19 hours ago, pkane2001 said:

Wimps! If I had half of your courage, I’d start insulting every one of them in alphabetical order!

Well, ya have to be very tactful. Like many writers/editors at the NYT/WaPo/etc say in private (who, in reality  are extremely cynical of the absurdity and fraudulence of the mainstream press) .... if you want real/factual stories to be published, you have to play it like violin string.

Make NO MISTAKE ABOUT IT: My bottom line is to troll like a MoFo and have a good time ... at others expense ;)

But I don't think my strings were quite in tune at ASR ... my bad ;)

Gotta hand it to their filters ... I keep gettin' new account REJECTED despite VPN and completely different email addy's. Or maybe the closed off new registration 'cause of too many a-holes like me ;) Cool!

Anyway ... 

I have feeling Amir may have started out with the best intentions ... but $$ and fame and power of the empire that ASR seems to have become have led him/his cohorts to dogmatic doctrines in the guise of "science".

Thanks to manuf. $$ and Patreon and lotta Thumbs Up and Likes and Subscribes and Re-tweets ... and the usual social media daily affirmations like "You Go Gurl" ... and "You Rock" ... and FREE !!! 'quipment to 'view and keep fo'eva ... hey, maybe bare butt cheeks up and sore backs ain't such bad trade-off.

All for the sake of "science". Of course.

Of course ;)

7 minutes ago, pkane2001 said:

Yeah. You messed up over there! Anybody can get banned in 15 posts. It takes real skill not get banned after a few thousand.

Who in the hell wants to WASTE 1000s of posts in BORING hangouts? Folks with a lotta time on their hand ... or science nerds that will micro-mange every post.

I think I did damn good ... most bang for my buck: I.e. the reaction and AMAZING detection of my re-registration attempts (if it ain't some sorta of blanket moratorium ... all 'cause o' lil' ol' me ).