IGNORED

Misleading Measurements

• 3 months later...

@pkane2001 we have heard tales from the dark side of neighbors welding, and its effects on the "rig."

...and @sandyk I agree that manufacturers assume consumers will make their decisions based on subjective evaluation. You and a few others here have the kung-fu to measure a device to see if it

matches the spec sheet, and act accordingly. 

Most of us (me for sure) are only using our ears, however defective they are, in our rooms, however defective they are.

I get your point, and would add that manufacturers are also making decisions about price point, and the number of units they need to, or expect to, sell.

Honestly, I am fascinated by the business model that supports the creation of five or ten thousand dollar cables. I would love to see the BOM and "forecasting.xls" and be in those meetings!

For me, in the end, it's mostly all good. Cable company workers have mortgages and kids too. I only get fired up if they're lying to consumers, which they probably sometimes are.

I'm MarkusBarkus and I approve this post.10C78B47-4B41-4675-BB84-885019B72A8B.thumb.png.adc3586c8cc9851ecc7960401af05782.png