IGNORED

Misleading Measurements

• 2 months later...
6 hours ago, sandyk said:

They don't need to !

If Data is required, then it's  the job of the E.Es etc to measure it.. 

The vast majority of Subjectivists are not technically qualified, and do not have the equipment or training needed to do so...

5 hours ago, botrytis said:

Actually, that is the issue. They do. Ears can be fooled. So, data is needed.

Actually, it's not their job. Most subjectivists don't own or know how to use testing equipment, that's the job of Electronic Engineers as Alex @sandyk stated. So if you require data ask an Electronic Engineer to measure it or do it yourself if you are qualified. 

IMHO playing music is supposed to be an enjoyable leisure pursuit not a job. Electronic Engineers went to school for a reason so that is their job. Just saying.

Happy listening.

I have dementia. I save all my posts in a text file I call Forums.  I do a search in that file to find out what I said or did in the past.

I still love music.

Teresa

• 1 month later...
32 minutes ago, sandyk said:

Yes, and incidentally, Teresa should also be able to check these supplied files out for herself directly from the DropBox player WITHOUT needing to download them and use up her communal bandwidth, as can our K1W1 member.   

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6ak9tyqrpglq1w9/Tyros 3 - The Power Of Love (Instrumental)HF.mp4?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/a8koifix231idw3/Tyros 3 - The Power Of Love (Instrumental)LF.mp4?dl=0

Alex I'm just responding so you know I read your post, since you mentioned me by name.

There are two reasons I won't listen to those two files:

• According to my apartment lease agreement I am not allowed to stream any audio or video.
  • I hate comparing stuff, and I will never compare anything again unless I have to replace broken or dead equipment. And I dread that happening.

My use of internet is limited to checking email, reading and writing posts at Audiophile Style, checking for new SACD releases, and purchasing SACDs and canned goods online.

I have dementia. I save all my posts in a text file I call Forums.  I do a search in that file to find out what I said or did in the past.

I still love music.

Teresa