IGNORED

AO on streaming-only PC (no USB connection)

22 hours ago, Mike Rubin said:

Can AudiophileOptimizer improve sound quality on a Windows 10 server that does not use DAC drivers? Does it disable the services needed for remote access?

imo -- audiophile optimizer is a great piece of software -- absolutely makes a difference on endpoints.  i haven't specifically compared on a server, but it should make a difference -- i can tell a difference when i switch my roon server from ROCK to ws2019 gui and back.

regarding your second question, audiophile optimizer runs you through a series of options that you can enable or disable -- one of them is whether you what to disable remote access.

(1) holo audio red (hqp naa) > chord dave > luxman cl-38uc/mq-88uc > kef reference 1
(2) simaudio moon mind 2 > chord qutest > luxman sq-n150 > monitor audio gold gx100
10 hours ago, Mike Rubin said:

Thanks for the information, especially about the remote access.  Do you know whether that allows the computer to use remote access apps like Splashtop or teamViewer or is it limited to Microsoft’s own Windows access product?

don't know that level of detail -- sorry.  i just use windows remote desktop.

(1) holo audio red (hqp naa) > chord dave > luxman cl-38uc/mq-88uc > kef reference 1
(2) simaudio moon mind 2 > chord qutest > luxman sq-n150 > monitor audio gold gx100