IGNORED

WAV vs AIFF file size help

13 minutes ago, Vangelis said:

I just picked a used Zenith MKII SE last week. The Zenith converts incoming files with a choice of  FLAC or WAV.  Now I’m thinking about if I should import my AIFF files to the Zenith as WAV.  WAV files are very similar to my existing AIFF files as they are totally uncompressed.   I know that AIFF and WAV files take up more drive space than FLAC. I’ve been reading on the Internet for days trying to find any information that would tell me if WAV files take up the same disk space AIFF?  I will not be able to transfer my AIFF files over as WAV unless the file size is the same as AIFF.  I already have 1.7 TB of AIFF files to transfer to the Zenith 2TB drives.  Anyone compared file size of these two formats?

They should be identical or darn near if I'm not mistaken.  Whats the "conversion" you speak of - does the Zenith not support AIFF?  Wouldn't it be a straight copy from external drive to the Zenith internal (if that's what you're doing)? 

The main difference between the two is AIFF contains/facilitates metadata, WAV does not.  I don't really see the advantage of converting your entire lib to WAV and losing all your tags IMHO.

I use AIFF for all my rips and download preference.  If WAV is the only option, I'll convert it to AIFF, set the metadata and import into my library.

My rig