IGNORED

I'm not sure if this is a Roon problem or a Qobuz problem, but...

If your Mac Mini were wine, I would say it is just about ready for enjoying, but a nine year old computer is ready for recycling.   Seriously, modern software on older hardware can have unexpected results.  Business computers are commonly on three year life cycles for this reason.

RIG:  iFi Zen Stream - Benchmark DAC3 L - LA4  AHB2 | Paradigm Sig S6 Cables:  anything available

1 hour ago, AudioDoctor said:

However, the same mini plays the exact same files on Audirvana without problems

And that is exactly my point.  Not all software is created equally.

RIG:  iFi Zen Stream - Benchmark DAC3 L - LA4  AHB2 | Paradigm Sig S6 Cables:  anything available

Well that was good troubleshooting.  Definitely sounds like a buggy software change exasperated by older hardware.  Although, after looking at the Roon Core system requirements, your Mac Mini seems to be fulfill those easily. Unfortunately, this is the wild world of software development and live beta testing to flush out problems.  Microsoft and Apple do it all the time with great success but that is the unwritten process.  Sorry not offering much help here but these issues intrigue me.

Can you roll back to the previous version that was working?