IGNORED

Audiophile Optimizer on network streaming PC

I don't want to splurge for a Windows Server license, but I would like to explore using AudioOptimizer on my Windows 10 Pro NUC.  I have not been able to ascertain whether it can make an difference on a computer not connected to the DAC over USB.  I run the NUC headless using Splashtop Streamer and stream music stored on a NAS (variously using Roon, JRiver DLNA, or Audirvana) over ethernet to several Sonore rendus that are connected via USB to DACs or the digital input of an integrated amp.   I therefore don't have DAC drivers installed on the NUC and thus don't need improved ASIO or WASAPI connectivity.

Can AudiophileOptimizer improve sound quality on a Windows 10 server that does not use DAC drivers?  Does it disable the services needed for remote access?

Thanks for any information you can provide.

Living room:  Synology 218+ NAS > NUC 10 i7 > HQP Embedded > xfinity Xfi Router > Netgear GS348 Switch > Sonore Optical Module Deluxe > Sonore Signature Rendu SE Optical Tier 2 > Okto DAC 8 Stereo > Topping Pre90 Preamp > Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini > Revel F32 Concertas

Computer Desk System: Synology DS-218+ NAS > Dell XPS 8930/NUC 10 i7  > HQP Desktop > xfinity Xfi Router > EtherRegen > ultraRendu > Topping D90 DAC > Audioengine A5+'s

Thank you.  This is useful information.

I have a NUC 10 i7 with 16gb RAM.  Some folks seem to have gotten Server 2019 to work with similar NUC’s but it doesn’t appear that Intel recommends that.  I guess there’s no harm in trying, unless I manage to make an ssd unbootable when trying to transition from the existing W10 installation to Winserver.  

I hadn’t heard about Essentials.  Does this version also use a GUI?  I haven’t used a computer without s GUI since c/pm and early DOS and the thought terrifies me, now that I am old.

Living room:  Synology 218+ NAS > NUC 10 i7 > HQP Embedded > xfinity Xfi Router > Netgear GS348 Switch > Sonore Optical Module Deluxe > Sonore Signature Rendu SE Optical Tier 2 > Okto DAC 8 Stereo > Topping Pre90 Preamp > Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini > Revel F32 Concertas

Computer Desk System: Synology DS-218+ NAS > Dell XPS 8930/NUC 10 i7  > HQP Desktop > xfinity Xfi Router > EtherRegen > ultraRendu > Topping D90 DAC > Audioengine A5+'s

Thanks, Kelvinswy.  It sounds, though, from the AO documentation that there’s little SQ reduction from using the Server 2019 GUI, so I am inclined just to go that route if I use Server 2019 rather than Win 10 Pro.