IGNORED

Digione Signature - 192khz Switching Problem

My Digione Signature seems to have an issue with switching to 192khz playback, when I'm listening to a playlist and the format changes to a 192khz file the connection to my DAC (Leema Elements) fails - the DAC shows invalid PCM on its display.

If the first track played after powering on the DAC is a 192khz file it locks and plays, but if it then switches to a lower frequency file then switches back up to 192khz it loses sync.

Sometimes I can get it to sync again at 192khz by skipping back and forward but usually have to power the DAC down and backup up, if I change to a track with lower sampling rate it switches down successfully and plays at the lower sampling rate, the issue only happens switching up to 192khz.

I have tried changing buffer settings and adding resync delay in Roon to no effect.  As a work around if I up sample in Roon to 192khz for all sample rates it keeps sync, so the problem only occurs when the Digione Signature switches sampling rate up to 192khz from a lower rate.

Unfortunately, I do not have another coax spdif source capable of 192khz to try with the DAC but it has no issues switching sampling rates over USB.

I have tried different coax cables and both the BNC and RCA outputs of the Digione Signature, files are streamed using Roon Server running on a core i3, 8gb RAM with SSD from NAS & Qobuz. 

I have tried both Dietpi & Ropieee on the Digione Sig and the behaviour is the same on both distros. 

The Digione Sig is powered by a Shanti LPS for the clean and dirty sides.

Other than this issue switching up to 192khz and loosing sync performance had been rock sold and it sounds great.

Do you think there may be a problem with the Digione Sig or maybe my DAC is being fussy?

Many Thanks

13 hours ago, Bill-P said:

My Digione Signature seems to have an issue with switching to 192khz playback, when I'm listening to a playlist and the format changes to a 192khz file the connection to my DAC (Leema Elements) fails - the DAC shows invalid PCM on its display.

If the first track played after powering on the DAC is a 192khz file it locks and plays, but if it then switches to a lower frequency file then switches back up to 192khz it loses sync.

Sometimes I can get it to sync again at 192khz by skipping back and forward but usually have to power the DAC down and backup up, if I change to a track with lower sampling rate it switches down successfully and plays at the lower sampling rate, the issue only happens switching up to 192khz.

I have tried changing buffer settings and adding resync delay in Roon to no effect.  As a work around if I up sample in Roon to 192khz for all sample rates it keeps sync, so the problem only occurs when the Digione Signature switches sampling rate up to 192khz from a lower rate.

Unfortunately, I do not have another coax spdif source capable of 192khz to try with the DAC but it has no issues switching sampling rates over USB.

I have tried different coax cables and both the BNC and RCA outputs of the Digione Signature, files are streamed using Roon Server running on a core i3, 8gb RAM with SSD from NAS & Qobuz. 

I have tried both Dietpi & Ropieee on the Digione Sig and the behaviour is the same on both distros. 

The Digione Sig is powered by a Shanti LPS for the clean and dirty sides.

Other than this issue switching up to 192khz and loosing sync performance had been rock sold and it sounds great.

Do you think there may be a problem with the Digione Sig or maybe my DAC is being fussy?

Many Thanks

Forwarded PM please check

Thankyou for the quick reply.

Yes Shanit is connected with 3A to Dirty side and 1A to Clean.

Here is the output  from RoPieee:

Linux RoPieee 4.19.126-1-SPCKFSH-v7l #1 SMP Mon Jun 8 19:38:37 CEST 2020 armv7l GNU/Linux

Many thanks

23 minutes ago, Bill-P said:

Thankyou for the quick reply.

Yes Shanit is connected with 3A to Dirty side and 1A to Clean.

Here is the output  from RoPieee:

Linux RoPieee 4.19.126-1-SPCKFSH-v7l #1 SMP Mon Jun 8 19:38:37 CEST 2020 armv7l GNU/Linux

Many thanks

Forwarded PM please check