IGNORED

Tube Preamp Advice - Rogue, Schiit, and Vincent

I can only say that I have the  older Freya and it's very good.I think you need to spend a lot more to beat it. The 3 modes are also fun.

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

BTW, if you are only interested in tube output, the Freya probably isn't your best bet. IMO, it's active transistor stage sounds better (although I haven't heard the new version).

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

2 hours ago, davide256 said:

I haven't heard one but after 40 years of watching the market and listening to tube designs, I don't see anything that shouts "this punches above its weight class". The only

serious review that I can find is from Positive Feedback. Exceptional buys attract reviewers like flies with  comparisons to other gear they like, I'm not seeing that.

http://fairhedon.com/2019/10/08/listening-to-the-schiit-freya-preamplifier/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5iAmj_ptVaw

plus users impressions

9 hours ago, AudioDoctor said:

That's the old one, not the present model.

Have you ever thought of using DSP to get the effect you want? DSP software give you lots of possibilities and you can dial in the amout of the various effects you want. There are audio plugins that do all the kind of things you seem to be interested in.