IGNORED

Article: CAPS Twenty | Part One

Chris you said, "In fact, if there was more Linux support for native DSD playback with HiFi DACs, I would've never gone down this path. I would use my Sonore Signature Rendu SE optical for one half of this CAPS design. Unfortunately manufacturers like Sonore can only do so much in their efforts to support native DSD. Because of these efforts there is support for many DACs, but if hardware manufacturers are unwilling to work with the Sonore team, there is little they can do."

The term "support" can mean different things. We support almost all DACs on the market without the customer having to do anything and new devices are being added all the time. The work we do is mostly trivial taking place after the fact because DAC companies don't reaching out to us in advance. Recent changes to the Linux Kernel have added automatic discovery for some devices simplifying things further. To say, "Sonore can only do so much in their efforts to support native DSD" in light of all that we have done without their support is very misleading.   

Chris, you preface it with, “In fact, if there was more Linux support for native DSD playback with HiFi DACs, I would've never gone down this path” How many devices are not supported on Linux....2 or 3. It’s misleading and a poor excuse for having to make this device.