IGNORED

I received my Yggdrasil, and have a question...

Hi AudioDoc:

I purchased a new Yggy Analog 2.  When I received it, turned it on and cold out of the box.....  honestly, it sounded broken.  I listened again after a couple hours and slightly better, but it still sounded broken.  I couldn't believe this was the Yggy A2 which received so much positive press and user reviews.  I almost contacted Schitt to ask about a return so they could test my unit.

I decided to let it burn.  I was busy at work and didn't have much time to listen so I think I ran it continuously for about a month before listening again.  When I did, it was like a completely different component.  I really enjoyed my time with my Yggy and glad I did not judge it before the break in period, or I would have returned it.

Speaker Room: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Pacific 2 | Viva Linea | Constellation Inspiration Stereo 1.0 | FinkTeam Kim | Revel subs  

Office Headphone System: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Golden Gate 3 | Viva Egoista | Abyss AB1266 Phi TC 

If someone can't hear the difference between a new Yggy with a couple hours on it, and a Yggy after a month, then, well, I will respect their opinion, but something is wrong (hearing ability or a mental refusal to hear anything) or their audio environment.   Now, the amount of change detected by any person will vary because this is a subjective scale. One person's "small" change could be another person's "jaw dropping" moment.

If ever there was a piece of audio gear that proves burn-in is real, it is the Yggy.

The burn-in can't be real topic, like cable debates, etc. are dull, boring and overplayed.  The poor horse passed away years ago.   

P.S. @AudioDoctor sorry if this is derailing your thread. I'll say no more on the topic.

Speaker Room: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Pacific 2 | Viva Linea | Constellation Inspiration Stereo 1.0 | FinkTeam Kim | Revel subs  

Office Headphone System: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Golden Gate 3 | Viva Egoista | Abyss AB1266 Phi TC 

I should note, when I bought my Yggy A2, the A2 upgrade had just been released and there was a big backlog on Yggy A2 new orders and upgrades to A2 for older Yggy units. 

As such, it is possible Schiit did not do their normal pre-delivery burn in on my Yggy as they hurried to fulfill orders, which could account for my extreme change experience.  Again, my experience was limited to three "snap shots": (1) cold out of the box, (2) after a couple hours, and (3) after one month of continuous use.  So I have no idea at what point my Yggy arrived at optimum burn in/stabilization, only that it occurred sometime between a couple hours and one month.

Owner's Manual, Page 7, burn in:

https://schiit.com/public/upload/PDF/yggdrasil_manual_1_1.pdf

The manual is admittedly a bit cryptic on this topic, but it is mentioned.  On factory burn-in, I know I read about it somewhere.  It is not in the owner's manual, but it has been reported a number of times by forum members.  

• 4 weeks later...

So your "brain burned in" while you were not at home? 😆

...thats a joke btw.