IGNORED

I received my Yggdrasil, and have a question...

I believe they burn them in for two or three days just to make sure they are working properly, not for maximum sound quality. Holding them for two to three weeks before shipping would not go over too well with customers who can do that themselves while listening too and enjoying music.

Schiit cash flow is just fine, even today. However, I doubt any high end or mid fi brand has any desire to have product sitting around burning in for a month when that product could be shipped out to paying customers. It is on us to do the burning in, once the product is shown to operate within specs prior to shipment.

The megaburrito filter operates at DXD levels but again, Unison is new so it will take awhile before it is redone. While there are more and more native DXD recordings released now, they sound great at 24/192 and 24/176.4. I would not expect it until Yggy 3 is released.

That is indeed correct Audiodoctor. I still use the balanced with adapters recommended by someone at Schiit. I am very happy with the results, even if I am only hearing the difference between 4V and 2V. If I were to make a change to the Yggy, it would only be a beefier power supply. Not sure there is enough room for that though. 

That was quite a few years ago (at least 7 years, wow) as was using them since I bought the Gungnir DS that I eventually upgraded to the Gumby. I will PM you once I recall what the adapters are. I will pull them next time I power down the system which will likely be tomorrow with severe thunderstorms predicted, 7 years with no issues at all.

• 3 weeks later...
19 hours ago, Dr Tone said:

Not sure if this can be done but I’d also try setting HQPlayer to not upsample at all and only dither your 24 bit content down to 20 bit if you have 24 bit content.

The Yggy is really really good when fed with red book.  IMO not quite as good with hi-res.  Again IMHO.

IMHO, the Yggy is awesome with high res.