IGNORED

Best Optical config with router, switch and EtherRegen

21 hours ago, BigAlMc said:

B. Router > ethernet >  Sonore Optical Module > 5m optical >  Sonore Optical Module > ethernet > Netgear switch > ethernet> EtherRegen > Hifi

My current setup is similar to the "B" option, but instead of using two OM, I use one between the switch and eR as follows:

Router > ethernet > XOCO clocked switch > 8M optical > Sonore Optical Module > ethernet > eR

In addition, using Planet MGB-TLX SFP also moved the SQ up a bit.

As a comparison, I started with just Router > ethernet > eR, liked the result, but later when added the XOCO clocked switch eR replaced in series, I was delighted to find SQ took a good step forward, so it stayed, and the addition of OM some time later brought another step forward in SQ.

Same here, it is always delightful chatting with you.

With your BS-GU2016P coming, you really open up lots of combination to tinker with...😊

In addition to the configuration you stated, I would try the following as well to see if you have a preference:

Router > 1 meter ethernet > Buffalo switch > 5 meter fibre > ER > 1 meter ethernet > Zenith

Router > 1 meter ethernet > OM > 5 meter fibre  > Buffalo switch > 1 meter ethernet > ER > 1 meter ethernet > Zenith

Router > 1 meter ethernet > OM > 5 meter fibre  > Buffalo switch > 5 meter fiber > ER > 1 meter ethernet > Zenith

Finisar is one SFP I also plan to try once I am done with my power supply project.  I also read many praises on WBF, and looks like it is going to be system and personal choice between Finisar and Planet.

Regards,

Kevin