IGNORED

Streamers and security

This something that many people do not realize.  Our youngest generation is growing up with this as the norm and without having the benefit and experience of living in the not-so-smart world many of us grew up in.  Now everything is connected to the internet and plenty of half-baked freebie apps easily downloadable to your smart devices.  We have smart homes, smart cars, smart audiophile streamers, credit cards etc.  I used to laugh at people that said they do not need the internet but now I am thinking they are not so far out there.  You need to be smart about all this and vigilant with credentials and passwords.  These days based on the latest attack vectors, it is user education that is the best defense, human firewalls in addition to the hardware.

RIG:  iFi Zen Stream - Benchmark DAC3 L - LA4  AHB2 | Paradigm Sig S6 Cables:  anything available

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/26/2020 at 2:55 PM, One and a half said:

Lion Breweries ransomware attack.

I'd be interested to know how they got compromised.  These days it is almost always a socially engineered attack so probably a typical PEBKAC vector.

RIG:  iFi Zen Stream - Benchmark DAC3 L - LA4  AHB2 | Paradigm Sig S6 Cables:  anything available