IGNORED

Is it possible for a power supply to affect sound quality?

5 hours ago, SJK said:

OK, now we're on the right track.  Someone who has made a change in an external power supply and believes that it has made a difference in the sound of the the system.  

I find it interesting on how people have a hard time staying on topic with this, and insist on wandering off mumbling about how this and that obviously has to make a difference.  

Davide, perhaps you could give us a bit more information on how the change in power supply made a difference to your system.  It doesn't have to be technical, we seem to have technical depth on the design side well covered.  

Remember, this is and Audiophile forum, not an Electrical Engineering forum.

Part of the battle with digital I find to be eliminating irritants and artifacts (a.k.a. from Galaxy Quest "thats not right"). I've been through a  stock SMPS, SoTM SPS500, HDplex200W and my last purchase an Uptone Audio JS-2. The sense of ease for my sound has gotten much closer to my vinyl playback solution. As I improved

power supply for NUC USB source, my ISO Regen became superfluous, hindered more than helped. I do think power supply affects sound quality, but its along

the lines of "how pure are the colors in your paintbox".. a poorer power supply means somethings added to the sound that doesn't belong,

that distracts from the music.

Regards,

Dave

Audio system