IGNORED

Nirvana Grounding Help

Hi,

I have a Nirvana SMPS and was wondering about the grounding lift function. After initial set up I noticed that if I turn the ground ON I get a pulsing noise in the speakers. If I connect a grounding wire from the Nirvana ground terminal and connect it to the ground on the power distribution center for my stereo components, there's no change.

I am obviously leaving it OFF, but I'd like to understand more about the circuit and this aspect of the design. 

Earthing is a very complex subject. To make  clear , "it depends on your system"

Use whatever sounds best .

To go into details more..

Nirvana casing and AC its earthed (AC is EMI filtered to earth). When you switch ON , your DC is also connected to earth . Of course you can leave your DC floating and connect Earth lug to earth of your device .

30 minutes ago, allo.com said:

Earthing is a very complex subject. To make  clear , "it depends on your system"

Use whatever sounds best .

To go into details more..

Nirvana casing and AC its earthed (AC is EMI filtered to earth). When you switch ON , your DC is also connected to earth . Of course you can leave your DC floating and connect Earth lug to earth of your device .

Thanks you! Yes, complex. My turntable has a psuedo balanced cable with the shields grounded, the tonearm is grounded, as well as the turntable motor. It's trial and error to get the noise as low as possible. 

Your explanation of the grounding switch helps. Good to know that the switch is not engaging the grounding lug at the back.

Looking forward to the manual.

IMG_1286.JPG