The Computer Audiophile

Article: Meet The Audiophile Style Community | Volume 6

1 hour ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Great stuff Dan. I love how different the people of this community are in every way. Your system provides you joy. That's what counts. I think you'll find many others just like you here, but they don't comment that much for obvious reasons. 

I'm vert jealous of you seeing Portishead in Blackburn in 1997!

Thanks Chris! I must admit I was a bit embarrassed... especially about the Wave Radio!

bliss - fully automated music organizer. Read the music library management blog.

Nothing to be embarassed about. I had a Squeezebox Boom that I enjoyed listening to for years. It wasn't my main system, but it fit my needs in my kitchen and was fun to listen to while cooking and cleaning. I'd still be using it if it hadn't bit the dust. 

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +_iFi  AC iPurifiers >Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Conditioning+Isolation>CAPS IV Pipeline Server + Sonore 12V PS>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>RPi4 (dietpi)>Kii Control>Kii Three >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Listening: (1) CAPS Pipeline>Matrix Element i Streamer/DAC (XLR)>Schiit Freya>Kii Three .(2) CAPS>ifi iDAC SPDIF>Kii Control.

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup. Living Room/Kitchen: RB Pi 3B+ running RoPieee to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

If you can hear the music, you can listen through any medium.  At some point I think the majority will have had worse equipment.  I know I did.

QNAP TS453Pro w/QLMS->Netgear Switch->Netgear R7800 Router->Ethernet (50 ft)->Netgear switch->SBT->iFi xDSD->Linn Majik-IL (preamp)->Linn 2250->Linn Keilidh; Control Points: Squeeze Commander (DroidX) & iPeng (iPad Air); Also: Rega P3-24 w/ DV 10x5; OPPO 103; PC Playback: Foobar2000 & JRiver; Portable: Sony NWZ_ZX1 & ZX2 w/ PHA-3; SMSL IQ, Fiio Q5, iFi Nano iDSD BL; Garage: Edifier S1000DB Active Speakers  Wish List: New DAC,  SBT replacement; Dream system: Linn EXACT or ATC Active or Big Tubes (KR or Nagra or Shindo or ...)

My goal is to use appliances and take home PC out of the chain...

Hi Dan--You and Bliss saved me a ton of time with Album Cover Finder a couple of years ago--thanks!  

Great to see you here, @Dan Gravell! I used Bliss to clean up my music library back in 2011, and I'm happy for your ongoing success. Thanks for posting your story.

JiLS

sonicTransporter i5 > ultraRendu > T+A DAC8 DSD > Primare PRE35 > Primare A35.2 > PSB Synchrony 2