IGNORED

LPS for NUC

I am choosing a new LPS for NUC. Does anyone have the opportunity to compare Farad3 vs Paul Hynes SR4T? I know that there was an evaluation on the forum and there was a penchant for Farad Super3 compared to Paul Hynes SR4. Now, however, we have a version of the SR4T, which has a positive response (but compared to the original SR4, I do not remember the comparison with Farad). Farad is now also a cheaper option compared to the new SR4T (after the European price increase Hynes). However finances aside, the important thing is as it sounds... Alternatively, some other LPS tips for this particular use.

Now I'm using SR4 for NUC, which I would use for another purpose and get a new one.

Thanks

Yes, now I also use 12v (SR4). I used to try LPS-1.2 and it was not stable - but I had 2x8GB RAM and a case with a fan. Now I'm running fanless and only 1x4GB RAM, so I think it would work, but I want to use LPS-1.2 for ISO REGEN which is waiting for power...
The JS-2 would be on the list if two rails were needed (after all, it costs twice as much as the above options).

I have no doubt about SR7. In fact, I was ready to order the SR7T 12V + 19V. I wanted to use it to power NUC and later build a Xeon server: 19V for ATX (via HDPLEX 800W DC-ATX) and 12V for EPS. At the last minute, I noticed that it is now 20% more expensive (for the UK and the EU) and postponed the project... Now I am looking for a appropriate new power supply only for the NUC.

• 4 weeks later...

Only for NUC is it unnecessarily expensive to buy a power supply with two rails. I would use two rails only in the case of the intended server, but the JS-2 is not strong enough for it (ATX + EPS) - and it would not even work (with HDPLEX 800W DC-ATX), because it has a maximum of only 12V.

Yes, Alan.
The Nuc i7 has been on my list (for some time). It is also probably true that the SR4T comes as a better choice than the SUPER3 (in the future I could use the SR4T other than to power the NUC due to the variable voltage).

So far as you could say, it is decided.

However, as time goes on, I still can't get rid of the idea of a built Xeon server. Unfortunately, I know that I will not have a power supply for this for a long time (at the SR4T level).

If anyone had an idea or experience what a NUC + SR4T versus Xeon server with a switching power supply + JCAT USB Femto with SR4T would sound like, I would be grateful. I know there are many variables, but... at least an estimate.
Thanks