IGNORED

Lumin U1 Network Error

49 minutes ago, One and a half said:

Only been a few hours, at 100 Mb/s, music is coming through OK at DSD128. Just trying to emulate if an EtherRegen is in circuit as close as I can.

With top equipment the EtherRegen has best SQ when using the A-side only, so staying with 1Gbps.

Matt

"I want to know why the musicians are on stage, not where". (John Farlowe)

24 minutes ago, Superdad said:

Hi Matt:

Please do not spread that as a rumor. The only folks who seem to like to stay on the EtherREGEN's 'A' side (not crossing our active differential isolation and rechecking moat to 'B' side) have been a few owners of the $25K-$30K Taiko Audio Extreme--and they are using the SFP port on the 'A' side for optical connection to their Taiko.

We have a great many dCS DAC owners (both Rossini and Vivaldi) enjoying their EtherREGEN's A>B (or B>A; other than number of ports and speed our piece is symmetrical performance-wise for data/clocking/power on both sides). If those DACs don't qualify as "top equipment" I don't know what does. Also Lumin users, to be on topic here. :D

Of course people are free to utilize the EtherREGEN in whatever ways work and sound best for them. A careful examination of the technical highlights of just the 'A' side reveals our design to be quite advanced and focused on performance for audio systems.

Cheers,

--Alex C.

Hi Alex,

the EtherREGEN is a great product for sure, some like it more using the A-side only, some like it crossing the moat.

But preferring the A-side only and copper to copper is not limited to Extreme owners:

https://www.whatsbestforum.com/threads/taiko-audio-sgm-extreme-the-crème-de-la-crème.27433/page-177#post-644922

BTW, I should have said "top servers", not "top equipment".

My impression: The better the server the more liking for the A-side only.

So I would be happy to get a version of the ER with the technique of the A-side only, maybe not just me. 🙂

ATB

Matt

"I want to know why the musicians are on stage, not where". (John Farlowe)