IGNORED

USBrige Signature Player - 5V Clean Power - not used in USB version?

Hello,

I just plugged in my USBridge Signature to ethernet, accessed Moode after some hickups, but I've noticed a loose power connector coming from "5V Clean Power" power input.
From what I understand, it is there for a separate HAT device (e.g. a DAC or a SPDIF card), but in the manual for the USBridge it says I need 2 power adapters - one for the RPi and another 5V for the clear section.

I thought the "5V Clean Power" power input is for the board that outputs clean USB signal, but there's no socked on the Sparky to put it in.

Does it mean that only 5V 3A power is needed to use USBrige Signature to its full potential, or am I confusing something?

The Allo webpage suggests Shanti linear power supply, and the description USBridge Signature also mentions 5V via either battery pack or linear supply.

Please help me solve this confusion.

Thank you for your help!

23 hours ago, stasprof said:

Hello,

I just plugged in my USBridge Signature to ethernet, accessed Moode after some hickups, but I've noticed a loose power connector coming from "5V Clean Power" power input.
From what I understand, it is there for a separate HAT device (e.g. a DAC or a SPDIF card), but in the manual for the USBridge it says I need 2 power adapters - one for the RPi and another 5V for the clear section.

I thought the "5V Clean Power" power input is for the board that outputs clean USB signal, but there's no socked on the Sparky to put it in.

Does it mean that only 5V 3A power is needed to use USBrige Signature to its full potential, or am I confusing something?

The Allo webpage suggests Shanti linear power supply, and the description USBridge Signature also mentions 5V via either battery pack or linear supply.

Please help me solve this confusion.

Thank you for your help!

Forwarded PM please check