sandston

Optane Memory as Music Storage or/versus USB Flash Drive

I just bought  an intel NUC to run Roon core. I added a 256 GB M.2 Transcend SSD for the OS drive. The computer came with a 32 GB Optane drive that I had to remove to add the SSD. I own a very small amount of music and was looking to perhaps put the music on a thumb drive. Something with super fast read speeds like the Corsair Flash Voyager GTX 128GB USB 3.1 Premium Flash Drive.

https://www.amazon.com/Corsair-Flash-Voyager-128GB-Premium/dp/B079NVJPKV/ref=sr_1_5?dchild=1&keywords=fastest+usb+2+flash+drive&qid=1592064906&s=electronics&sr=1-5

Then I ran across these USB 3.1 Gen 2 to M.2 NGFF SATA SSD Enclosure Adapter, External SATA Based M.2 Solid State Hard Drive Enclosure Reader for M.2 and thought perhaps I could use the Optane card for music storage in one of these storage cases. The info says these are compatible with intel optane memory. I really dont know what this can is used for aside from cache.

https://www.amazon.com/NVMe-PCIe-Gen2-Enclosure-PCI/dp/B07MLJ7FRD/ref=sr_1_19?dchild=1&keywords=optane%2Bmemory%2Bto%2Busb%2Badapter&qid=1592090580&s=electronics&sr=1-19&th=1

Why not as I already own it. Can Optane memory be used in this manner? Any thoughts on which option would give better sound quality. Neither is a particularly expensive solution but I'm curious if one would stand excel for sound quality. Or is there a better sounding solution like using the micro SD reader. Thanks in advanced to anyone who want to chime in.

I don't think it will work. Optane requires support at the BIOS level.