IGNORED

Help Artwork not displaying

I purchased a new Mac Mini (with Catalina) and moved my Music Library to it from the old Mac Mini also Catalina.  The album artwork is not showing on the new but does show on the old.

I have closed Music.  I have restarted the new Mini.  I have go to file/library/get album artwork .  None of this worked, still no artwork displayed.  When I go to songs and get info for that song, the album artwork is there.

Any suggestions welcomed.  Thanks

Kirk

Here is a reply I found in the iTunes support community:

"This is a bug in Catalina and iOS. There is nothing you can do.

If you Google the issue you will come across a number of workarounds, all with varying degrees of success.

This bug no longer has a chance at being fixed, since it was never a show-stopping bug, and the time window for Catalina refinements has long passed, as we move into the cycle of the next OS release by Apple.

Based on the history of Agile development practices at Apple, this bug will be carried over into all future releases of Apple Music apps, until they are replaced by a new app, like Music replaced iTunes, since the code where the bug is will not be revisited unless a security flaw is exploited in that specific area of the code base."

33 minutes ago, kirkmc said:

By "merged" do you mean moved it to the new Mac? I've got some that I've moved from my iMac to my laptop that still don't display. It's frustrating, and I don't know why. 

The three new songs and the four previous songs were filed in two different folders by the iTunes Store.  The new files were listed as a compilation and I changed that and the program merged the two files.  No more album artwork for the new songs.

I discovered Doug's app.  I have been using it with my albums (3004 of them) since Sunday morning.  Most of the albums respond to the re-embed artwork, some do not.  I will try your cut and paste to see if the ones respond to that.  

I select the album songs and run the app.  As I sid most of the time this works.  Every so often it does not.  The app runs and quits before the Music App displays the album artwork  This happens on a one track or multi track album.

Twice when there was no album artwork showing and I went back to album view, the artwork appeared.  That was strange.

I wish there was a way to get an error report about why the artwork did not re-embed.

Thanks

6 hours ago, semente said:

Two things you can try:

- run Doug's Re-Embed Artwork script on a set of files (Album) https://dougscripts.com/itunes/scripts/ss.php?sp=reembedartwork

- deleting the artwork (use Cut) from the whole set of files (Album) then click Ok. Re-open the set of files (Album), select Artwork tab and paste image, click Ok then run Doug's Re-Embed Artwork script; sometimes this doesn't work – I work around it by adding a character to Comments field after pasting the image, click Ok, run Doug's Re-Embed Artwork script then re-open the set of files (Album) and delete what I put in the Comments field. (you can avoid this last step by f.e. writing the record label name in the Comments field and keep the info)

I sometimes have issues with the first track of a downloaded FLAC album when converted with XLD (the artwork never "sticks" to that track). It doesn't happen when I convert with Max. Crazy stuff...

I tried your cut and paste tactic.  I cut the artwork from the album and from the individual songs.  When I went back, the artwork had reappeared?  Not sure why?