IGNORED

Article: Review | Running a Large Roon Library on a QNAP TVS-872XT

"Back in the day when Amazon offered unlimited storage for less than $100 per year, things were terrific. I just logged into my Amazon account via the QNAP interface and configured it to backup everything to the cloud."

Backblaze offers unlimited cloud storage for $60 annually, $110 for 2 years. The unlimited backup isn't as full featured as their B2 backup, but it's plenty good enough for me.

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

40 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

I believe the Backblaze issue is with restoring content. It must be a manually selected 500Gb at a time.

Yes, that's correct, the free downloadable zip file restore option is limited to 500GB. For $189 you can get a USB HD shipped with up to 8TB.

Edit: I have two full backups at home, so my restoration needs have been limited to the very rare case (happened once or twice) where I happened to back up a corrupted file locally.

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

• 2 weeks later...

Interesting how this varies geographically. Here in an outlying community in the Southwest, the price and speed for CenturyLink are about what Chris mentioned, while Xfinity (Comcast) is far more expensive for the same download speed, and upload is limited to something like 40mbps. But very few people seem to want CenturyLink, or to stick with them if they can help it. On Nextdoor here (social media for neighborhoods - think "They leave their garbage cans out all day!", but Facebook-ized) there are constant complaints about their lack of reliability. Xfinity very seldom goes down.

And I also have to say that dealing with Xfinity Mobile after AT&T and Verizon has been an extremely pleasant change.

I have no doubt the situation is different elsewhere, but I'm reasonably happy with Xfinity here.

• 1 month later...
19 hours ago, LarryMagoo said:

With only 8760 total hours in a year, I simply cannot understand having 22,000 Albums.....but hell why does everything have to make sense...???

Know anyone who hasn't read every single book they ever bought? 🙂