IGNORED

Sounds Great - inexpensive, no fancy computer or power supplies

4 hours ago, fas42 said:

You see, Virginia, you don't have to be rich to enjoy the best of music; be part of a special club that those with less play money can't join

I can enjoy the best of music on a car radio. That doesn't make it the best sounding music.

Can tweaking Virginia's budget system make it sound like...

5 hours ago, fas42 said:

I've mentioned numerous times hearing the best Bryston monoblocks driving close to the best Dynaudio speakers, at the last Sydney show - this nailed the SQ, plus had usable SPL headroom well above what I work with ... if someone offered me that combo to play with, I would not have hesistated.

Sound Minds Mind Sound

14 minutes ago, beerandmusic said:

so funny....

I just joined audio “science” review, and they seem to get more upset about even suggesting usb noise is a problem, where here it is like life & death wow moments....it's hard to believe there is such division...just like politics, i am right in the middle...ughgghg...this world sucks...i am an outcast wherever i go.

Did you find much "science" there Beery ?

Sound Minds Mind Sound

4 minutes ago, beerandmusic said:

For now, i find myself in the middle, but still lean more toward measurements and logic.

Although i don't necessarily agree with all of "their views" (they seem more like groupies than this site), it was enlightening and entertaining, that it actually helped my recent frustration just knowing there were people with different views on both sides of the fence....from one extreme to the other....much like politics and news today....this world is f'ing crazy.

The assumption in there Beery is that one side is more "logical" than the other, the side that favors measurements.

Sometimes measurements may be flawed and/or meaningless. When accurate, sometimes subjective interpretation of the measurement is offered as science fact. As I see it, this is neither objective nor logical and hardly scientific.

Sound Minds Mind Sound

4 hours ago, Superdad said:

So I read--with some amusement--your foray over at ASR. You did not get very far there, though there were plenty of people happy to jump out and call you a fool for even asking the questions.

ASR, Audio Sci-Fi Review?  So now we have HiFi, Objective-Fi and Sci-Fi 🤣

You might need an electron microscope to find the science over at Audio Sci-Fi ...🙄

Sound Minds Mind Sound

5 hours ago, Superdad said:

No you could go over to WhatsBestForum and get the other extreme. There they will talk about and spend $$$ on things that will make your head spin. 

I have been visiting lately and overall I find them a happy friendly bunch with varied opinions just like here. There is acknowledgement of WBF Wallets Big Forum vs Whats Best Forum for sure. I do like to hear about What's best (subjective as that is) and that may or may not include money no object. Whatever one's budget i think you still can be value driven. I realize this hits raw nerves for some, especially if they feel it is extravagant or unnecessary (for them). For me, there are many things I cannot afford but still admire and consider of value and worth.

Sound Minds Mind Sound