IGNORED

Worlds Greatest DAC and what it does differently

1 hour ago, pkane2001 said:

Had a recent disk crash and lost the files and the results.

Aaaargghh! (On your behalf.) 😕

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

9 hours ago, pkane2001 said:

I found many ground loops between devices. In my testing, ground loops are the norm. Rarely do I see a device that's fully immune to them, even with balanced interconnects, etc. It's really important to make sure these do not exist in your system before deciding to upgrade any of the components. Sometimes these manifest themselves in a low-level noise, sometimes rise to an audible hum. This is also an area where pro equipment seems to perform better.

I really think working on eliminating such sources of noise in *systems* that don't appear in individual components, cables, etc., on the test bench is a very fruitful pursuit.

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.