IGNORED

Allo Nirvana SMPS

just found about this new PS :)

quick question: since it's rated for 2.85A max... can this power a Sparky USBridge (dirty side only)?

thanks

Qnap HS-264 NAS (powered by an HD-Plex 100w LPS) > Cirrus7 Nimbini v2.5 Media Edition i7-8559U/32/512 running Roon ROCK (powered by a Keces P8 LPS) > Lumin U2  > Metrum Acoustics Adagio NOS digital preamplifier > First Watt SIT 3  power amplifier (or Don Garber Fi "Y" 6922 tube preamplifier + Don Garber Fi "X" 2A3 SET power amplifier, both powered from an Alpha-Core BP-30 Isolated Symmetrical Power Transformer) > Klipsch Cornwall III

headphones system:

Cirrus 7 > Lumin U2 > Metrum Acoustics Adagio > Pathos Aurium amplifier (powered by an UpTone Audio JS-2 LPS) > Focal Clear headphones

hhhhmmmm... just slightly cheaper

and shipping included offers are from China meaning it will take at the very least 6 weeks to get here (EU)

(probably more: I'm four weeks+ into waiting for a Topping E30 🙄 with tracking stuck since day 3 😡)

looks, btw GOPHERT NPS-1601 is the new version

Qnap HS-264 NAS (powered by an HD-Plex 100w LPS) > Cirrus7 Nimbini v2.5 Media Edition i7-8559U/32/512 running Roon ROCK (powered by a Keces P8 LPS) > Lumin U2  > Metrum Acoustics Adagio NOS digital preamplifier > First Watt SIT 3  power amplifier (or Don Garber Fi "Y" 6922 tube preamplifier + Don Garber Fi "X" 2A3 SET power amplifier, both powered from an Alpha-Core BP-30 Isolated Symmetrical Power Transformer) > Klipsch Cornwall III

headphones system:

Cirrus 7 > Lumin U2 > Metrum Acoustics Adagio > Pathos Aurium amplifier (powered by an UpTone Audio JS-2 LPS) > Focal Clear headphones

• 2 weeks later...

Nirvana has two power connectors (both 5v, although not "dual rail" like Shanti): a standard pin plug and a USB female port. Should I use one to power my USBridge Sparky SBC and the other to power its HAT? (USBridge can accept two 5v supplies if you remove a jumper.)

-And same question for the separate "dirty" and "clean" sides of my DigiOne Signature? Why? or Why Not?

30 minutes ago, Meridimac said:

Nirvana has two power connectors (both 5v, although not "dual rail" like Shanti): a standard pin plug and a USB female port

though it's not clear if they are 2.85A each or if 2.85 is Nirvana's max, to be shared among them

headphones system:

looks both my Shanti and Nirvana shipped yesterday. we'll know in (hopefully) a few days ;) 

weird, though, that everyone from Allo vanished from AS 🙄

headphones system:

1 hour ago, opac said:

Is that wrong ??!

Highly unlikely. Even though the word simultaneously would leave no doubt. I don’t think you need cancel. If it don’t fulfill your expectations, you can return. And you can also email them now. 

• 1 month later...

Allo has its European operations in France (Toulouse, afaik), where we have usually the major holiday seasons starting at the weekend before the 14th of July. Which might explain why nobody is @ home. I'd guess that end of July/start of August response time may get back to normal, after the back log ...

Hope that helps a bit ...

• 2 months later...

Two things:

1. If anybody is looking, PiShopUS has these in stock - at least they did a few days ago. $58.95 plus $9.95 shipping to me in New England USA. Ordered Sunday night arrived today.

2. Instructions are ambiguous. Can somebody tell me how to connect to my Allo Digione Player (not Signature)with Pi 3B? the terms "ground" and "earth" are a little confusing to me in this context.

Thanks in advance.

@allo.com @Allo Dear Allo team, I have a question regarding Nirvana power supply.

Is it possible to power RPi (with DC output) and Allo Boss (with USB output) at the same time (with Allo / RPi power jumper removed)?

If so, can SW from RPi go back in Allo Boss if same power supply is used?

Also, how do you suggest use grounding feature withh RPi and Allo boss? 

Thanks 

@allo.com Thank you for the reply, but I am referring to Allo BOSS DAC, not DigiOne. 

So my idea is: 

1) Remove jumper for power between RPI and Allo BOSS

2) Power the PRi with 5V DC output 

3) Power the Allo BOSS with USB output 

Since the RPi and BOSS are powered separately, do you think there would be any sound improvement?